Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2003, 12:24 PM

Can anyone give me some specifics on jewelry prices in St. Maarten or direct me to some web sites with prices? I'm trying to figure out how much $$$ to save! I'm interested in a diamond solitaire (.5 or bigger) and tanzanite rings (large stones). Thanks

Happy Sailing!
Sandra
Old 10-28-2003, 12:24 PM

Can anyone give me some specifics on jewelry prices in St. Maarten or direct me to some web sites with prices? I'm trying to figure out how much $$$ to save! I'm interested in a diamond solitaire (.5 or bigger) and tanzanite rings (large stones). Thanks

Happy Sailing!
Sandra
Old 10-29-2003, 09:45 AM

I would like to know this as well!
hmmm.. i like the idea of a 1/2 carat dia ring!

Life is for the living
CARPE DIEM!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:06 PM

Tanzanite International is the chain that is recommended by the cruise lines. They are located on a number of the Islands including St.Thomas. I don't know if they have a web site but prices are "negotiable" in all of the stores so I don't know if a web site would do that much good. Bon Voyage
Doreen
Old 11-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Banned

All the jewellry stores are negotiable. Be very careful when buying stones. You might not get what you thought you were. Don't buy the first thing you see. We ususally shop in a store that is not cruise recommended. If they are recommended, then the store has to give a kick back of your sale to the cruise line. Therefore your price is inflated. We have never gone wrong on gold purchases. It is bought by the gram and always appraises much higher at home. We have also done well on tanzanite, diamonds and sapphires, but they are trickier. Good luck, have a set amount you wish to spend and stick to it. You will find something in your price range.

Closed Thread

Tags
bb, code, compare, cruise, forums, jewelery, jewelry, jewlery, maarten, martin, on, prices, reviews, save, st