Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 04:29 PM
We're hitting these three ports on the Carnival Miracle this March. We've already been to St. Thomas, so we were considering hitting St. Croix or St. John. Has anyone done this, and if so, how difficult is it/how long does it take to get to the other islands? Is there anything you would recommend doing/seeing at St. John or St. Croix?

We also were hoping for some recommendations for things to do/see in San Juan and Tortola. We don't really want to take any cruise line-affiliated shore excursions this time around, just because they've seemed to be so incredibly disorganized in the past and by the time you're done, you often don't have time to explore on your own.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 03-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Banned

Well, if I were you I would hit up trunk bay on St. John. Just remember its 4 dollars per person, but it is worth it.

As far as tortola, you should go to the baths. I didnt spend too much time on tortola and I didnt go to the baths, but I had planned on it. Check them out, there really isnt much to do on tortola.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 AM

I agree with raffles - Trunk Bay is a must - we were just there for snorkeling and it was awesome

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 AM

San Juan-Old San Juan or the Bacardi Factory tour. St. Thomas-Trunk Bay on St. John. Take the ferry from Red Hook or Charolette Amalie to St. John then a cab to Trunk Bay. The ferry ride takes about 20 minutes from Red Hook, the cab ride takes about 10 minutes. The cab fare to Red Hook is $11/per person each way, and takes between 15-45 minutes depending on traffic. The ferry is $6 or $6.50 per person each eay, and the cab fare was $4/per person each way. Tortola-we did a couple of excellent sail/snorkels near Norman Island. Plus we asked one of the local drivers to take us on a tour of the island. He took us to a restaurant that overlooked where the Caribbean met the Atlantic, it was awesome. He took us to a beach that was on the west side of the island that was beautiful and by the bar where Jimmy Buffet wrote Cheeseburger in Paradise. It was a great tour and a beautiful island. Have a wonderful cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
coast, cruise, cruises, jewel, john, juan, ncl, ride, saint, san, st, thomas, tortola, tortula, tour