Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 06:02 PM

I am looking at taking a 7 night cruise on the RCI Legent of the Seas leaving from and ending in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in February 2008. I have been looking into flights from Eastern Canada or Bangor Me. and find that in some cases you have an overnight stay in the to make connections and often flights go to San Juan Peurto Rico and then back to Santo Domingo. And the price is usually higher then going to flying to San Juan. Anyone have an experience with taking a cruise starting and ending in Santo Domingo that would like to share some do's and do not's?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:27 PM

Hi there, I will be sailing on that itenrary March 2008. I fly out of Ft Lauderdale on Sprit Air. Spriit always has sales from FLL. So if you can get to Ft Lauderdale early in the morning, you can catch that flight and get to the ship by 3pm or so. You could also consider overnight Saturday in Ft LAuderdale, cheaper than hotels in Santo Domingo, and go out Sunday AM . Let me know how the cruise went, Legend is supposed ot me a nice ship. Been on Radiance and Adventure and some of the samller weekend cruises to the Bahamas, for what they are worth...
Enjoy

Closed Thread

Tags
cruises, domingo, ft, lauderdale, santa