Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 09:25 AM

Hi everyone. We missed out on the Progresso port last cruise due to high winds. We are booked again for April 28, 2008 and are wondering where to eat ashore? Or, is it best to just look around, shop and go back to the ship for lunch?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Banned

I know everyone here thinks I'm a dingbat because I spell the town in Yucatan, Progreso with one S. But, I wanted to take this opportunity to say: The sauces and soups that come in a can are spelled Progresso. The town in Yucatan is spelled Progreso.
I'm curious to hear about the restaurants there because I would like to cruise there and see Chichen Itza (out of town). I have a book with recommended restaurants. There are several restaurants on the main street, Calle 19. One of them, Flamingo's sounds good. Has anyone eaten there?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

SuzyCruise... you are not a dingbat. It IS spelled with one "s". All this time I thought I was spelling it wrong, but then I remembered seeing it "Progreso" on the Carnival itinerary list.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

A'ndrea
Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. I always appreciate it when Dave corrects me. When I saw people spelling it Progresso I panicked. I thought I was spelling it wrong and that it was I typo where I first saw it. So, I started cross referencing to make sure. It is Progreso.
I've got a can of clam sauce by Progresso I think I'll have over spaghetti tonight. The hubby's out-of-town again.

RODNEY, I'm working on the restaurant question. I have friends that have been to Progreso/Merida several times, including my brother. And when everyone on cruise-chat gets home from work, eats, and settles down, I'm sure someone will share their favorite places with you. In the meantime, Look at this for fun. If you've already seen it, sorry for the duplication.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Soup in a can? Go for homemade! LOL. No hurt feelings. I did see the shore tour listing and saw the Dzibilchaltun offer that included lunch. Makes me wonder though..hmmmmmm. Need to hear from someone. Maybe lunch in town would be better, or we can always go back to the ship. Waiting on someone to reply with their experience. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:52 AM

Ok, so I take it from a "no response" that nobody eats at Progreso...just go back to the ship for lunch. If anyone has a different idea to share, please do so. Thanks! Happy cruising!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:53 PM

We didn't eat there, but the food they were preparing at Corona Beach sure smelled good - they also gave you a discount if you were on the Corona Beach Break (not even worth the $35 they charged).

Closed Thread

Tags
eat, lunch, places, port, progeso, progreso, progresso, reviews, terminal