Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 04:23 PM

Does anyone know if the port is available for docking or are they still tendering? I've heard from acouple sources that they are dockin a few ships, luck of the draw or what?

Reef Club Resorts - Mexico
Old 05-16-2006, 06:37 PM

Was just there 3 weeks ago...we docked.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Administrator

My understanding is that it is RCCL ships which are being allowed to dock at the International Pier. However it isn't every RCCL ship. There is only one spot available so if there is more than one RCCL vessel in port that day, you may or may not get lucky.

I know they cannot dock any of the Voyager-class ships at this time, only the smaller vessels. This also means that I get a tender ride in three weeks when I visit Cozumel on the Freedom Of The Seas.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:46 AM

We docked Ecstacy on May 4th, and there was one RCCL that was tendering. Didn't know why we got to dock, but it sure was nice . And, the beaches were not crowded at all...just pick a good spot for the day! Good luck!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Administrator

The Navigator Of The Seas was in Cozumel on the 4th. As a Voyager-class ship, she couldn't use the dock.

Thanks for the information though. It is good to know that other cruise lines can use the dock besides RCCL.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:41 AM

We were in Cozumel last week on the Miracle. We had to tendered along with a Disney ship, but a smaller Royal Caribbean ship docked.
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 06-04-2006, 04:13 PM

We've been told that the Grand Princess will be TENDERING into Cozumel as well as Roatan, Honduras in December. The smaller cruise ships are the ones that can dock but the bigger ones are tendering...
Old 06-07-2006, 08:17 PM

I just got back from Cozumel June 4 from RCI, Rhapsody of the Sea and we were the first RCI ship to dock on the peir not down town but west of town. The docks are pretty banged up. The larger Carnival curise ship Conquest was tendered the same time were there. The island looks very bad due to Hurricane Wilma. There is alot of construction going on. Senor Frogs is now called 1/2 Senor Frogs. The Trees and buildings look in relly bad shape. However, I will say the island will look gread when the construction will be finished. There is alot fo workers all over the island with alot of hand shovels, manual labor and sweating. They and Grand Caymin Island got hit hard. Very hard.

Closed Thread

Tags
12, cozumel, dock, frogs, hurricane, navigaotor, navigator, pics, port, ports, sea, seas, senor, ship, tender, wilma