Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 03:55 PM

It's our first time to go to a Panama cruise and we're wondering what will be the best shore excursion for the meney in Jamaica(Montego bay),Panama(Limon) and Aruba? We found in the past that some excursions are not worth the money they charge. Suggestions??? THANKS.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:37 PM

That would be very subjective. What is worth the money to one person may not be to another. In Jamaica for first timers the Dunn River Falls is very popular. An island tour hitting the highlights or a plantation tour may also be nice.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by muleman:
It's our first time to go to a Panama cruise and we're wondering what will be the best shore excursion for the meney in Jamaica(Montego bay),Panama(Limon) and Aruba? We found in the past that some excursions are not worth the money they charge. Suggestions??? THANKS.
Muleman - been to Jamaica 5 times - the Dunn River Falls are really worth seeing - but we were in Ocho Rios - don't know if it works from Montego Bay. We went to the falls 3 times. Believe it was in Limon where they had a show right where we got off the ship - horses etc. and lots of dancers and cute children dancing. It was very nice - and then there were nice shops right there also. In Aruba I believe we took a bus to Ocean where there is a lighthouse and rocks in the water that are large enough to walk through. Then the bus driver let us off at a local beach and we were able to get a city bus back to ship. Nice beach and not many there.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:02 PM

To get to Dunns River Falls from Montego Bay would require about 2 hours travel time, but if you don't go there, I'd suggest an all-inclusive. Whatever you do, stay with a group in Jamaica. We did a good snorkel in Aruba through the ships, both went to a sunken tug, the water was very clear. We're going to go to Palm Beach in November, just grabbing a cab. I can let you know how it was depending on when you leave. We haven't been to Limon, sorry. Hope you have a wonderful time!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM

In Aruba, there is a snorkeling/beach tour that is listed as 5 hours long that I thoroughly enjoyed. We boarded a catamaran and sailed to a sunken ship from WWII, then to another location to snorkel near the shore. We saw thousands of fish! We then went to Palm Beach for about 1.5 hours. It was a good combination of things and we also got free rum punch on the sailboat. My wife and I are going on the AOS again in December and plan on taking the same tour.

Good luck!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, cruise, excursion, excursions, money, montego, panama, shore, whats