Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2005, 08:20 AM

We wanted to go horse back riding through the rain forest.Were at San Juan from 3pm to 12am and I wanted to know if it is better to do it on your own or to book it threw the ship. If its better to do on your own what should we do, how to get there, and price difference?
Thank you, Sheila
Old 02-16-2005, 08:20 AM

We wanted to go horse back riding through the rain forest.Were at San Juan from 3pm to 12am and I wanted to know if it is better to do it on your own or to book it threw the ship. If its better to do on your own what should we do, how to get there, and price difference?
Thank you, Sheila
Old 03-07-2005, 10:25 AM

I did the San Juan horseback riding in the rain forest last August and it was a lot of fun. I think we paid around $80 per person, but I don't remember exactly. We booked through the cruise line, mainly becuase I'm overly cautious with that type of thing and wouldn't have felt safe otherwise. Yet, I know that many other people book with non-affiliated tours, so that is your call.
My big complaint about the excursion was the time factor . . . The discription said it was around 4 1/2 hours, which was true, but they failed to mention that you have to take a 1 1/2 to 2 hour bus ride EACH WAY to get to the ranch! We didn't find this out until we were on the bus and it came as a big disappointment. The actual time spent on the horseback tour was only about an hour or so, when I was expecting it to be a few hours long. Other than that, it was great, just be prepared for the long bus ride!
Also, be sure to wear jeans and a pair of sturdy boots, even in the heat, you'll be happy that you did. Your legs will most likely get brushed up against trees, bushes, other horses/riders, your feet will be sore from the stirrups if you wear sneakers and you will get a little dirty.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:25 AM

Did they take you along the beach too. Or did you get to go to the bottom of the rain forest to the lagoon(by the water fall). What was the path like? What wa the name of the ranch that took you.
Thank you,
Sheila
Old 03-09-2005, 09:24 AM

Sheila,
I believe the park gates of El Yunque close at 6PM. Therefore, unless there has been a major change in policy, cruise ships that are in port in the evening do not offer excursions to the rainforest.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
back, forest, horse, horseback, juan, night, price, rain, rainforest, review, reviews, riding, rinind, san