Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2005, 10:52 PM

Does anyone have suggestions on where to store our luggage prior to our cruise out of San Juan? We are leaving on the Serenade of the Seas Dec. 10. We are arriving a few days early to take in the sites, but have to check out of our hotel by 11am. Our cruise doesn't start boarding until around 5pm. Can we drop it off at the port that early? thx!

Tom
Old 09-07-2005, 05:43 AM

Hello,
I am new to cruising, however I am not new to traveling. I have found in my travels that the hotels typically have a holding room for early arivals and late departures. You should be able to check you bags at the hotel. They will give you a claim check and you can pick them up later that day.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:26 AM

You will also be able to deposit your luggage at the cruise terminal. Even though the ship does not sail until 5, porters will be available to take your luggage.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-10-2005, 01:40 PM

Hey Tom?

Double check your source of info regarding boarding times for this ship/itinerary.

I am hoping that you will find that the formally stated boarding time is much earlier in the afternoon, perhaps 1 or 2PM, and that the reality is that you may be able to get on board even earlier than that.

This way you could get more out of your first day aboard.

Bon Voyage!

Lana
Old 10-04-2005, 07:33 PM

We arrived in SJ a day before our cruise in August, 2005, and checkout is at 11 am. I assume that RCL has arranged transport for you from the hotel to the ship. Once you get to the dock, porters will take your luggage, and you can check in. The porters will deliver your luggage to your stateroom, and you can either spend time exploring the ship or San Juan. One thing I noticed was that there is nothing really close to the RCL cruise terminal in SJ, so if you take a taxi somewhere else, make sure you have enough time to get back to your ship. Our cruise (on Adventure of the Seas) left at 10 PM, not 5, so people did have a lot of time to do things. Have fun!

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Closed Thread

Tags
baggage, bags, boarding, cruise, drop, earliest, early, jua, juan, luggage, princess, san, storing, terminal, time