Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Have a couple of questions about Labadee. We are sailing in October and this is our first stop.

Can you bring your own floats? We have great, collapsible floats that fit easily in our suitcases. If not, do they have plenty to use? or do you have to rent them?

What about snorkeling? Can you bring your own? Do they rent equipment?

Do you have to book excursions here? Can you decide once you get to the beach? Parasailing for instance...can you walk up to them and use your Sail Card to purchase?

Food? Drinks? Any help will be greatly appreciated. There will be 6 of us and I am the "Cruise Director" for the group so I get lots of questions.

Thanks in advance. I can't wait. It is 60 degrees and drizzling outside so it is nice to go on the sites and daydream about the cruise.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:14 PM

You can bring your own floats but they do have floats you can rent for $5/day. If you want to bring your own snorkeling gear that's fine but I am sure they rent this too.

As far as excursions go you should book them online or on the ship. They fill up fast. I tried to do the zip line but by the time we got on the ship the zip line was completely booked. If there's anything you really know you want to do just book it when you can.

I think Labadee is one of the prettiest islands & I have some great pictures from here.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-17-2008, 01:18 PM

I am afraid to book any excursions ahead of time because of all the hurricanes. Last year, Belize was closed and we had to go to Key West instead. We were going to wait and do them on the ship once we know where for sure we are stopping.

I know that we would get a refund but not real sure how that works.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Since Labadee excursions are only with RCI it doesn't matter if you wait or book early. If they don't stop at Labadee you get a refund.

One thing about snorkeling - they do require you to wear a vest even if using your own equipment.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
We got to go to Labadee as an extra stop when our ship was delayed port due to a hurricane - 7 day cruise turned in to 9! Beautiful island - got some great bargains at the little shopping building - make sure you barter as my wife got things for half of what they were asking. We always bring our own snorkel gear as the way they sanitize the rentals is questionable. RCI prepares a great lunch for you on the island.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Labadee is a great day at the beach....The ship will have a great bar-b-que for you....There is a nice trail to walk around and remember to go out and see the tip of Labadee...the waves hitting the rocks will give you a pleasant surprize.....The local market there and be fun, but also a little pushy...everyone wants to sale you something and they can be very rude and want to grab you....we spent about 1 minute there and had to leave....We just didn't like being grabbed.....But we did like the entire day there.....Happy sailing.....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
beachexcursions, book, bring, bringing, caribbean, drinks, excursions, float, floats, food, labadee, labadeeday, royal, ship, walk