Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 03:14 PM

Hey can anyone tell me if they have been here before and do they have pictures and exactly what is their to do??? Going in August 08 and just doing my research

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

Nita,

There is a thread going under the Carribean port chats, but here is a link to the cruise center on Grand Turk.

Grand Turk

Hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Well, it looks like this thread was moved from Carnival to Caribbean Port Chat, which is where it needs to be.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:32 PM

Nita,
My family of 4 (2 kids 14/10) were at grand turk last sept. We booked the sightseeing tour, which brought you to the lighthouse, old jail and toured the island. Me and my husband loved it, but the kids didn't like the educational part of it. After there is a public beach area right behind Margaritaville. We spent the rest of the day there. And we loved swimming in the ocean. If I had known about the public area, including free lounge chairs, I probably would have never booked the tour and just stayed there all day. Hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:55 AM

Hi Nita, we were there last December. They built a nice terminal with shops and a beach area. We did a great snorkel trip through Costa. It stopped in 2 areas, one for the coral and one for the fish. The water was beautiful and the snorkels were good. It's a nice island. I took some pictures, but didn't post them. I'll try and do that this weekend. You'll enjoy it there.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:33 PM

Beautiful Place Have a great time everytime we go. great place to snorkel from the beach. Margaritaville Great place to eat and relax.

Caribbean Links
Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 PM

Hey dive nut, where did you snorkel from the beach at? This is something we wanted to do while there in Dec.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM

I was there August 2006 and had a wonderful time. I traveled with my parents and yourger brother who was 17 at the time. My brother and father did the helmet dive and said it was good but nothing exceptional. My mother and I did the horseback ride and swim and it was amazing. You first take a airconditioned bus accross the island and pretty much get a tour on the way. Once at the stables/ranch you are assigned horses by your age weight and riding experiance. You first get a tour through the beach and up to the lighthouse and then up and down a few hills (what fun). After riding on land they have you put on a small floating device around your waist and take you out onto the beach and into the water. The horses are so excited to go and run in the water and their excitment just gets you excited. Eventually you will be on your horses back while swimming and its just great. I would greatly encourage anyone to do this excursion it was a blast. There is also a lot to do right off the port. Small shops and a really nice pool and amazing beach are right off the port for anoyone who doesnt want to spend money on a excursion. Hope this helps!
Old 07-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Nita,

We were in Grand Turks in Nov and though it was raining I loved it and cannot wait to go back. It looked like a little tropical island. All we saw were colorful little shops (very expensive!) and a nice beach right off the pier with chaise lounges and clam shells. Behind the beach is Margeritaville and they were really hopping! They have a beutiful pool and lots going on. Next time I go I would like to at least see the rest of the island. Our dinner mates said they asked a cab driver to give them a tour. She said they paid $20.00 and were back in 20 minutes. That was all there was to see. I would be happy to email you some pictures if you can send me your email address. I cannot figure out how to IM anyone.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cacaios, cacois, caico, caicos, cruise, good, gran, grand, jail, port, reviews, snorkel, turk, turks