Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 06:47 AM

Just when I was deciding on an excursion for Cozumel, we are notified that we are docking at Calica/Play de Carmen. Ok, so now I have to start all over again because we won't have enough time to get the ferry to cozumel and enjoy oursleves. We are only there from 9-5. I need some suggestions. I'll have my daughters 17,11. How is Xcaret? I want to snorkle, enjoy a beach and do something "Special". We were deciding on the Tucan Sailing Adventure in Coz.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:54 AM

Xcaret is awesome and is exactly the thing that you should do. The pier at Calica is very close to the park and you and your children can easily spend the entire day having fun. The underground river is worth it alone, but you will find a zoo, snorkeling, great beaches...everything that will make for a wonderful day. Your kids will love it.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 12-21-2005, 01:33 PM

I have been to Playa del Carmen a few times over the years. This town has been growing rapidly and changes every time I return. The town fronts right on a beach that is reasonable for getting some sun. Some parts of the beach are rocky, but most of it is sand. There is getting to be more shopping all of the time in Palya del Carmen and more and more restaurants. If you are interested in Mayan ruins, this is the closest port to Tulum. I found Tulum to be very interesting. Since Tulum is right on the ocean, you can visit the ruins and then spend some time on the beach.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:45 PM

we too are going to calica instead of cozumel. what a let down. we have been to both ports and calica was not a port i ever thought i would visit again. when you get off the ship there are a lot of cabs and buses. they can help assist you in deciding where to go. anybody else out there have any suggestions? i hear that xcaret is about 60 a person but i didn't want to spend that much to snorkel.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:21 PM

I loved Xela and Tulum, and they usually go together as an excursion. Dont know distances and times from where the boat docks, but I enjoy those two more than any excursion I have taken in that area before.
The kids would love the two, and you have a little bit of everything with the swimming,snorkeling,ruins, and shopping.

Art

Closed Thread