Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 10:08 AM

My family will be going on a Western Caribbean cruise in a few months. Some of the family does not swim - which limits the excursions. Anyone have any suggestions of interesting things to do that would not involve the water?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Which ports will you be visiting?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:35 AM

If you're going western Caribbean, that probably means Cozumel. Try the Party Boat!! Lots of booze and you sail around. The ruins are ok but there's walking involved. And in Cozumel you can always just walk around town and eat at Pancho's Back Yard, the best restaurant in Mexico!!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Steve,

I just went in an fixed your ticker. Didn't know I was a cardiologist, did you?

It was missing a bracket which is why part of the code line was showing up in your posts.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:25 PM

we will be going to the following Ports: Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico. Not too sure about the party boat since we would be taking the kids with us. Are there any lind excursions that anyone would recommend?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Labadee IS beach time, although you can do other things like the new zip line. or just wander around. One doesn't need to know how to swim to do Dunn's River Falls in Ocho. The falls are very shallow. In Grand Cayman...the Turtle Farm and a general tour of the island would work. On Cozumel...lots of tours that don't involve swimming. But you know, you can do the dolphin encounter without knowing how to swim. You have to wear a life vest anyway (no exceptions....even for people like me who are expert swimmers), and you are standing on a platform that is just 3 feet underwater.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Thanks Dave!! You're the bomb.

Great itinerary for your cruise. Careful in Jamaica with the kids.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Mrs.Plumb-You can take the rafting trip down the Martha Brae-It is a shallow,slow moving river.You ride on a long bamboo raft poled by a local-it is a leisurely trip and the bus ride out gives you a wonderful views and ideas as to what Jamaica is all about!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Banned

Mrs. Plumb, I concur wholeheartedly with the advice of others. Stay in an organized group or excursion in Jamaica. Do not venture off on your own. Stay safe.
A'ndrea
Old 06-04-2007, 06:40 PM

I actually had a friend that told me it would be best to not get off the boat in Jamaica. I would much rather be safe than sorry - and get off at ports where I felt myself as well as my children were very safe. I plan of getting off at Labadee - and letting them do some looking around there. They will be missing a week of school and are suppose to write a report on an area that we visit. This port (Labadee) seems to be the best and safest bet. Anyone have other ideas of a safe port for their report? (pictures & viewing the area)

Closed Thread