Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 03:33 PM

GOING TO TORTOLA SAMANA & ST THOMAS ANY FEEDBACK ON SHORE EXCURSIONS IS NEEDED
Old 01-18-2008, 08:11 AM
For St. Thomas I enjoyed the "Barefoot Sailaway" snorkel excursion, I have done that twice. I'm not sure if there are other versions of this but the one I did was aboard the Castaway Girl, a 65 foot catamaran, great crew.

The Atlantis submarine was fun too.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 01-23-2008, 06:29 AM

Hi Bregram, Welcome to Cruise-Chat! We did 2 catamaran sail/snorkels through Princess in Tortola, they were both great. We went over near Norman's island on both. One we did the caves and reef, the other was near some points sticking out of the water (there was a name, but I forget). Great water, good reefs, lots of fish. We also asked one of the cab drivers right outside of the terminal to take us around the island. For $20, he took us to the north side to a great little restaurant that over looked where the Atlantic and the Caribbean met. You could actually see the difference in the water, it looked like a line on a map. Then he took us to a beach on the northwest side of the island that was great. Locals selling beer for $1/bottle and there were a couple of little bars/restaurants. He took us by where Jimmy Buffet wrote "Cheeseburger in Paradise", it was a great tour and well worth the $20. We were in La Romana, not Samana, but if you can get an excursion to Isla Catalina for snorkeling, it's a great snorkel. In St. Thomas my favorite thing to do is grab the ferry to St. John and then a cab to Trunk Bay-absolutely beautfiul. We've also done some great sail/snorkels over to Buck Island area. St. Thomas is your best bet for shopping, if you're into that. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
bregram, la, map, riyal, romana