Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   October cruise (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/36192-october-cruise.html)

candi 04-01-2007 05:35 PM

Hello everyone! I am new to the chat- I just booked a cruise in Jan to go in Oct on RCCL Mariner of the Seas to the Western Caribbean. I am so excited and reading everyones posts here makes me more excited! There is a lot of info and everyone is so nice. The ONLY thing I am worried about on this cruise is Hurricanes!! So any info on this trip, the ship or any other info would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Sheffie 04-02-2007 04:38 AM

Candi, just remember that the Captain doesn't like to be near hurricanes either! If need be, he will take the ship around them, sometimes even going to a different port. You will be fine.

Have fun planning your cruise!

penny3333 04-02-2007 09:43 AM

We've been on 18 cruises which we normally book in October-December time frame. Out of 18, we only had 1 that we had any bad weather at all and that was when there were 3 hurricanes brewing. We didn't miss any ports of call, and didn't go through any rough seas. Just had rain. We donned our rain ponchos and went ahead with plans. You can get some from Wal-Mart for $.84/ea. in their hunting/fishing section. They fold up to a little larger than a credit card, and weigh nothing. Don't worry, you will not be placed in harm's way. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!

04-02-2007 06:34 PM

We were on the Mariner in Sept of '04, when there were several hurricanes stirring around Florida. We had beautiful weather the whole week. We even got two extra days of cruising, because the ship couldn't get back to Florida until the winds died down. Our best cruise ever!! We love the Mariner.

Lanie

Nica 04-02-2007 07:10 PM

We went on a cruise last september on Carnival's Glory during Ernesto (if my mind serves me correctly). When we got to Port Canaveral, we were notified of an iteniary change. Instead of a western caribbean, we went on a eastern caribbean cruise. The weather was great. The only problem is if you book any excursions privately in the internet. We had booked a cave tubing excursion in Belize with Reggie's tour and luckily we were able to get our money back with no problems. However, we had researched the internet and found multiple recommendations for his tour. If we ever go to Belize, we will definitely try to book another tour with Reggie.

Dwayne 04-03-2007 04:03 AM

I say the same, went on Glory when Wilma in 05 came and was re-routed. We were going west and they took us east. Was a great cruise.

If with the ship they will not charge you for being re-routed and changing, as is on their end.

Reggie's has a good reputation so far on here and giving a try this year myself.

7thSon 04-03-2007 05:54 AM

We were caught in Wilma. Great experience and a real thrill. The good part was we weren't charged any extra. We will be disappointed if we don't get hurricane during our next cruise.