Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2006, 07:12 PM

Hey guys and gals I'm looking for a nice beach to go to when we are at grand cayman. We will have a 7 year old with us. We would like a place that the cruise ship is not takeing people to because it is always over crowed. We would like to buy beer, pop, rent chairs, and have a bathroom (a clean one) to use. Do any of you guys know of a place (name, how to get there, pictures of the beach, any entry fees, how much is the food, and drinks). I searched for quite some time and have came up empty handed on a beach to go to. We dont want to do the sting ray thing at all. Does any one know of a web site so I can see pictures of said beach. And I have gogled and came up empty as well nothing but a bunch of web sites with hotels on them.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:28 PM

We have been to the Cayman islands 3 times and we really like the seven mile beach. it's very clean and it's so long that you can have a place all to yourself. They have restrooms, showers, restaurants. If you go to google and type in Grand Cayman Seven Mile beach you will find lots of pictures of the beach.

Just wandering why don't you want to do the sting ray city??
Old 06-18-2006, 08:59 AM

Charley has a good question... Why not sting ray city? Most families find it to be a highlight of Grand Cayman. Seven mile beach would be my choice, however, all beaches are open to the public, which means you can wander on to any hotel beach.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:28 PM

We just went to seven mile beach in April. It was the best. When you get off the ship there are vans all around waiting to take you. The cost for the ride is maybe $3.00 a person each way. The ride is only a few minutes. The beach is free. They do have water toys to rent. There is a nice beach bar right there. The water is so clear you can see your feet. There's lots of room - I took a long walk on the beach - got alot of great pictures. "If you are a beach lover - then seven mile beach is a must"
Old 06-19-2006, 07:54 PM

Ok I dont know if I know what I am talking about here. 7 mile beach is where I want to go to. My question is what part of 7 mile beach do I want to go to. I have heard of sea grape beach (is this 7 mile beach??). I just want to go to 7 mile beach that has all of the following, it is safe, I prefer no locals on the beach trying to sell us stuff, a place really really close to buy food and drinks (pop, beer), I'd rather not pay an addmission since it is a public beach. Like I have said before the cruse line has a "beach break" I dont want to go to this because it will be overly crowed and we have to pay for it, oh you do get one drink free (how nice of them) then they rope off a section of beach and make you stay in that roped off section. I just want some space to to speak. I dont know if I was just confusing myslef or what I though that there were different names for the different sections along 7 mile beach. Kind of like Ohio not all parts of ohio are good there are nice spots and crappyer spots all depends on where you go in ohio.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:51 AM

I believe you will have no problem with local vendors, we didn't. We just asked a cab driver to take us to 7 mile beach, explained what we wanted, and he took us to a great area. There was a drink hut that had great daquiris and margaritas, plus beer and soda. We had plenty of room to walk and swim, we just brought our beach towels from the ship and our own snorkeling gear. Can't say the snorkeling there was great, but the beach is beautiful. I believe if you just get a local van/cab, they'll be able to get you what you want. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 07-16-2006, 09:35 PM

btt
Old 07-17-2006, 12:00 PM

Hi. I wanted to let you know that Sea Grape Beach is great. We took our children there and they loved it. You can rent a chair and umbrella for about $10 for the day. There is a beach bar called Calico Jacks and it serves food and drinks. The waiters will also come to your chairs to get your orders. The bathrooms and showers are adequate. It cost $4 per person for the taxi ride. Hope you have a great time.
Quote:
Originally posted by ditchdoc:
Ok I dont know if I know what I am talking about here. 7 mile beach is where I want to go to. My question is what part of 7 mile beach do I want to go to. I have heard of sea grape beach (is this 7 mile beach??). I just want to go to 7 mile beach that has all of the following, it is safe, I prefer no locals on the beach trying to sell us stuff, a place really really close to buy food and drinks (pop, beer), I'd rather not pay an addmission since it is a public beach. Like I have said before the cruse line has a "beach break" I dont want to go to this because it will be overly crowed and we have to pay for it, oh you do get one drink free (how nice of them) then they rope off a section of beach and make you stay in that roped off section. I just want some space to to speak. I dont know if I was just confusing myslef or what I though that there were different names for the different sections along 7 mile beach. Kind of like Ohio not all parts of ohio are good there are nice spots and crappyer spots all depends on where you go in ohio.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:04 AM

I didn't like 7 mile beach at all. Very crowded and too many hotels. I heard Rum Point Beach was the way 7 mile beach used to be before it became too overly developed. There are supposed to be facilities there, palm lined beach, hammocks and a restaurant. It's on the other side of the island though. You can take a ferry ride there real cheap and you'll get there faster than if you went by cab. If anyone's been to Rum Point Beach let us know, I'd like to go there next time. We were going to go there on our last cruise, but they canceled the stop because the sea was too rough for the tenders. (Dock blown out from Hurricane last year)Here's a picture I found for Rum Point...
Old 07-26-2006, 12:13 PM

I found a link to a nice site about Rum Point Beach area with fabulous photos and information... Rum Point Beach Page

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, break, cab, cayman, cruise, cruist, grand, grape, great, islands, kids, mile, port, sea, tiki, versus, walk