Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Can anyone give me a contact to line up a rental of a cabana or clamshell in Half Moon Cay other than through Carnival?
I was hoping that we could reserve one in advance through a local company there in HMC,and are the cabana rentals any cheaper to rent that way?
Thanks!!
Joni
Old 10-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Half Moon Cay is Carnivals private island. I do not think you can rent them through anyone but Carnival. It is all Carnival owned.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Hi Joni. SanDee is correct in that cabana rentals are available only through the cruise line. Same goes for the clamshells. Half Moon Cay has been owned by Holland America Line (part of Carnival Corp.) for about 10 years, and many of my friends who sail HAL rave about the cabanas. BTW, HAL's website indicates that one clamshell covers two chairs, and the rental cost is per clamshell, not per person. I don't know if the same applies to Carnival.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:17 PM

I have found alot of info about the clam shell rentals, and on one post someone had talked about going farther down the beach to another clam shell rental site....they enjoyed getting away from the party atmosphere right there once you get to HMC. Does anyone else know of this area, and can you tell me what direction once off the tender I need to go to find them? I would much prefer getting away from some of the crowd if we can
Old 02-06-2008, 06:23 AM

Did you find where you can rent claim shells without going through Carnival on Half Moon Cay?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
There are rental cabins on the beach for rental. Half Moon Cay is a private island, so there is no competition for rental of clamshells. Given the limited number of clamshells for rent, you are best served by renting/ordering before you cruise. I know when we were there, there were none available for rent. I was glad I pre-rented mine.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabana, cabanas, carnival, cay, clamshell, clamshells, cost, half, holland, moon, private, rent, rental, rentals, review