Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM

Default Bad weather forcast!!
quick question about the weather and forecasts in the caribbean for those with more experience....ill be in the dominican republic, but this probably applies to the caribbean as a whole....so for the entire week, it says "showers" or "scattered showers" with most days having a 30% chance of precipitation, and a couple having 40% (Check punta cana on weather.com to see exactly)....what should i expect from that? mostly sunny with a possible, and occasional shower? overcast all week with a chance of rain? light drizzle all day? trying not to let it get me down
Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Typically it is a passing shower type of thing, with intermittent sunshine. It doesn't necessarily mean widespread rain, but that there is a 40% chance that somewhere in the forecast area will see rain. Don't worry about it.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:08 PM
One year we stayed in Punta Cana for 2 weeks..every day around noon it would pour rain for about 20 minutes then sunny skies the rest of the day
i would not worry take an umbrella if you want

Last edited by LHT28; 01-08-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 AM

Smile
Don't worry about the weather MiketheKid, because lots of time it won't last for very long.
I remember a couple of years ago, we hit cloudy and showery conditions on our first day at sea and it followed us from island to island the whole week. It only showered once that I can think of but the temps were warm and we were on vacation being pampered...It didn't bother our vacation or the plans we had from island to island. We had new cruisers with us and thought that it would dampen there cruising but they were hooked.
Enjoy the time !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-08-2011, 09:08 AM

thanks everyone, thats what i needed to hear....i realize that im a bit of a heretic for doing the land-based, AI thing this year, but we are super psyched....leaving monday! and hope to be cruising again soon

mike
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM

btw, weather was awesome....from 80-85 each day....had some clouds the first day or so, but then perfect sunny weather for the rest
Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 AM

We don't speak with heretics....

Glad you had a good time.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM

guess i deserve that!

we had an excellent time and will def consider both cruises and land based vacations in the future....each had its positive and negatives, but the land based vacation is missing that little magical something that comes with a cruise...its hard to describe, sort of a feeling in your stomach, that nothing but a cruise has....maybe its because being on a huge ship is so different and special when compared to normal life, that it just cant be replicated on land....as good as the entertainment and staff was at our resort, i think the cruises were just slightly more polished....so, like i said, we loved our AI resort experience, but are certainly not done with cruising

though, i must say, not being hit by a bar bill at the end of the trip sure was nice.....
Old 01-27-2011, 10:41 AM

Welcome back and I'm glad to hear that cruising is in your future! I'm totally hooked and do not want any land based AI. There are cruise lines that are all inclusive, I just can't afford them LOL!

Tags
bad, cana, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruising, dates, dream, forcast, forecast, punta, rain, scattered, showers, weather, week