Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 03:47 AM

We have been to Cozumel twice on a cruise and both times we have gone to Paradise Beach. There is a small charge to get in, but there is a lot to do. If I remember correctly we paid $12 for the kids to get armbands to play on all the water toys, and my husband and I were free. We had nice chairs and umbrella, great margarita's served from the bar. My husband enjoyed the snorkeling in the area, he also took a boat trip from the beach to see more. The food was great, and lots of toys in the water. They have it all, and from looking at the website I think they have remodeled since we have been. It's a short cab ride from port.....about $4 per person for a cab. Some friends of ours went last year, they said this was their favorite part of the trip.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocruz View Post
We have been to Cozumel twice on a cruise and both times we have gone to Paradise Beach. There is a small charge to get in, but there is a lot to do. If I remember correctly we paid $12 for the kids to get armbands to play on all the water toys, and my husband and I were free. We had nice chairs and umbrella, great margarita's served from the bar. My husband enjoyed the snorkeling in the area, he also took a boat trip from the beach to see more. The food was great, and lots of toys in the water. They have it all, and from looking at the website I think they have remodeled since we have been. It's a short cab ride from port.....about $4 per person for a cab. Some friends of ours went last year, they said this was their favorite part of the trip.
Welcome to CruiseReviews!

I think entrance is still free, but they are now charging $2 for lounge chair rental. I just looked at the site and love the new pool with the swim up bar! I have been to Paradise Beach many times. The Management and Staff are absolutely the best. They keep the place super clean and serve awesome food.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 PM

gocruz and Dwayne

You guys are both correct regarding Paradise Beach. I was there on my last cruise back in October 2010. There is no entrance fee, as the impression is you'll spend money while you're there anyway. Use of their water park (for lack of a better term), snorkel equipment, and beach mats are $12 USD, and lounge chair use is $2 USD. US dollars are accepted, so don't bother exchanging your money.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 03-29-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPayne View Post
gocruz and Dwayne

US dollars are accepted, so don't bother exchanging your money.
Who would even think about exchanging money in Cozumel? I've been there a couple of dozen times and never heard of anyone doing it.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny V View Post
Who would even think about exchanging money in Cozumel? I've been there a couple of dozen times and never heard of anyone doing it.
They always gladly take US $'s when I've been there.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:58 AM

Paradise beach is pretty good, but its is starting to get crowded. And with that comes higher prices. There are several beaches that offer a restaurant/bar fresh water showers and bathrooms and offer equipment rental for less cost. Add up what a "complete" trip to Paradise costs and you can find better deals. However, if you want a "known" thing than its always a good choice.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 AM

I really enjoyed the beach we went to on the Holiday. No one there, good facilities, but no water toys. But the snorkeling was really fun.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:07 PM

I guess I like Paradise Beach because I am always treated so well there. The staff is awesome. I left my camera in the taxi the last time I went. The staff was on the phone multiple times trying to track it down for me. They eventually did. I wasn't there long enough to drink/eat the $10 they want you to. I tried to give it to them, but they wouldn't hear of it. So I gave it to them as a tip anyway. The guy that runs the place name is Tom. He is a super nice guy and a great host. He's usually sitting at the bar with his laptop.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM

I wouldn't think of going anywhere else but Paradise Beach! We plan to be there next March when we cruise on Carnival Conquest again. Maybe sooner, we are thinking of sneaking in another cruise before that one!

Carnival Elation 1/13
Carnival Conquest 3/12
Carnival Elation 8/11
Carnival Victory 9/10
Carnival Conquest 5/09
Carnival conquest 5/08
Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 PM

Gocruz, that sounds like a great idea to me! I'd sneak in more cruises if my credit cards would let me

Dwayne, I agree, they are really friendly at Paradise. When we were in Cozumel last May, we went to Chankanaab, mainly for the snorkeling. We had some very friendly servers. Even though all I bought was a bottle of water, they'd check on us every so often to see if we needed anything.

Wish you had been with us when we were on the Holiday. We went to a beach hotel that had been heavily damaged by the hurricane. It was really a nice place, though. They had a pool, restaurant/bar, tables with umbrellas and chairs, and a cool place to snorkel. You jumped in and the current slowly took you down the reef area. It was just really nice as it was not crowded at all.

I'm sure they've completed rebuilding by now, so it's probably not like it was.

Last edited by penny3333; 03-30-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Tags
beach, club, costa, cozemel, cozumel, cruise, gran, grand, mia, ocean, playa, resort, reviews, stop, sur, taxi