Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   Cozumel Question (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/36479-cozumel-question.html)

papa60 02-01-2011 06:02 PM

Cozumel Question

I have been doing a little research and I came across a place called Ocean Beach Club. They have a 1 day pass that is all inclusive. Have any of you been there? It sounds great, but as you know, you never know! Our cruise is just around the corner, and I have not made a decision about Cozumel yet.
Papa

Jim C. 02-02-2011 07:27 AM

papa58- I have never been to ocean beach club. I normally just go out to the taxi area, they have a sign they has the fares to several beach clubs. You can get good deals out there. Beware to the stands inside the port area that have guys selling beach breaks. They are way overpriced and one sells access to a hotel that is right there next to the port...

We have done a couple- The Hotel Cozumel Carib" is good, the Money Bar (might be the Dollar Bar) is okay but does not have a big beach. Then the last time we went we ended up at a place just south of Chankanaab... it may have been Playa Maya but Playa Del Sol sounds familiar too. They had a great set up. Food, showers, beach chairs, sea kayaks, snorkeling gear, etc..

But most of the taxis will get you to a good beach for a better price than the hawkers inside the port area.

papa60 02-06-2011 05:14 AM

Does anyone know which beaches have Sea-Doo rentals?

peter l 02-06-2011 05:42 AM

Hey Papa58, I like your cruise ticker ! We too are cruising out of FFL on the 19th and can't wait, especially after the brutal cold and snow we have had in the Northeast this winter. We are scheduled to be in Coz on this cruise as well and have not planned anything at this point but do like the fact that those taxis are available outside the port area to get one to a beach..We generally use Coz as a relaxing day of walking the downtown, shopping, and having a couple of breaks in the local restaurants/bars before returning to the ship.

This latest storm, last night, dropped only a few inches of snow but turned to freezing rain and some rain so the cleanup this morning will be tougher than a larger, all snow storm. At least the sun is out and the temps are already balmy (in the 30's) this am.

Peterl

Enjoy your cruise, I know we will..

papa60 02-06-2011 07:51 AM

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply. I hope you enjoy your cruise as well! We all need a break from this crazy winter! Have fun!

417rogers 02-06-2011 11:15 AM

When in Cozumel we (family) have gone to Playa Mia and they had wave runner rentals. Here's a link: Playa Mia Grand Beach Park Cozumel | Playa Mia There are many of these "Beach Clubs" not sure which one is the best.

Rodney 02-07-2011 07:00 AM

We went to Paradise beach on our last cruise and they had Seadoo rentals there. I don't remember the price, but I do know the family next to us did a 30 minute rental and had a blast saying the ride was great and the water was so clear.

CozumelRedCross 02-10-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa58 (Post 285158)
I have been doing a little research and I came across a place called Ocean Beach Club...Papa

Ocean Beach Club is located in a relatively new condo development called Gran Costa Sur and is a little ways north of Playa San Francisco. I don't think they have motorized watersports there and doubt there are many additional attractions other than food, drink, shade, maybe hammocks, and the ocean. There is a pool for sure. IMO, it would be a fairly quiet and private place to spend a relaxing afternoon after doing something else.

Hope you have a great cruise & enjoy Isla Cozumel.

Jabee 03-16-2011 06:09 PM

found it

Never heard of it but they have a pretty nice looking website..

Cost is $40 per person for all inclusive
and have a max of 50 people per day...ie compare to Nachi which limits to 100

Cozumel Ocean Resort Beach Club Day Pass

some toys, but will pay extra...

- Glass Bottom Boat 2 Reef Snorkel tour to Palancar and Colombia

- Jet Ski : $50.00 per half hour, single or double riding

- Parasailing: $50.00 per person, $90.00 for double riding

Cortney 03-19-2011 01:18 PM

I just posted this on another Cozumel thread:

I definitely recommend paying the fee to hang out at Nachi Cocom Beach Club all day! They had excellent food and drinks and the beach was gorgeous and secluded. There was a pool, too.