Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM
We'll be there in December. Don't plan on any excursions, it will be a day to explore the port - we'll be there on a Wednesday, which is the day of the Bend Down Market in Falmouth, so hopefully there will be a nice market to explore. The Allure will be in port with us - we'll see how it goes with so many people around.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:19 AM
A friend just posted a series of photos from a river tubing tour she did,I may have to try it. It looks like they had a great time! It's through Chukka tours at Good Hope Estate.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 AM

I would also love to read some current info on this port if anyone has been lately! Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews

1990 - Song of Norway (RCCL)
1991 - Nordic Empress (RCCL)
1993 - Seawind Crown (Vasco da Gama)
1994 - Ocean Breeze (Dolphin)
1995 - Song of America (RCCL)
1997 - Norwegian Majesty
2006 - Grandeur of the Seas (RCCL)
Old 01-24-2012, 08:06 AM

Anyone gone to do a day beach break at an all inclusive resort from here to Montego Bay? Wondering how much taxi service is to get there and back.

All Royal Caribbean

02/23/02 Radiance of the Seas 7 night Southern Caribbean
01/31/05 Monarch of the Seas 4 night Baja Mexico
02/01/09 Adventure of the Seas 7 night Southern Caribbean

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-05-2012, 12:56 PM

Default Tour guide Phil Lafayette
What is that Website for the Tour Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmketeer View Post
I love Jamaica and have sailed there three times on RCCL. Course' all of them have been to Ochos Rios, but I personally am looking forward to the opportunity to sail in to Falmouth. I have climbed the falls, been to Fern Gully, eating local Jamaican Jerk chicken at Scothies and did some shopping. I don't go to Jamaica without my favorite tour guide Phil Lafayette. Don't just take my word for it check out his website and read all the wonderful things people are saying about him and his daughter. Trust me after being with them three times I can tell you they are all true. Tell'em I said hello will ya? LOL!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:18 PM

Default Falmouth, Jamaica
We were there in May when we were on the Oasis. The port is brand new and beautiful with shops, etc. Some people just went there and were satisfied. We've been to Jamaica many times and this time we did the Horseback ride at the beach with Chukka Tours thru RCCI. It was fabulous and I highly recommend it! We rode thru the sugar cane fields to the beach where they unsaddle and put the water saddles on the horses and we go into the water swimming with them! Amazing and alot of fun! Well trained and cared for horses and wonderful guides. After the swim, the horses are re-saddled and we rode back to the ranch. We will be on the Carnival Freedom in October and they have the same excursion (booked thru the cruise line as well as privately) with Chukka ... this is out of Ocho Rios. All good stuff!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Talking
Just staying on the ship isn't a bad thought either:-)
Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 PM

Default Falmouth Help
We stopped in Falmouth last December and took an excursion thru Jamaica For a Day to Sunset Beach in Montego Bay. It was an older property with a beautiful, enormous pool, but a subpar beach and unexceptional food. We would not go back. We are planning another cruise during the coming holiday period, and are looking for beach suggestions - are there any beaches you would recommend? What is Chukka Beach like? What about some of the all-inclusives that may offer a day pass?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Chukka Beach gets lots of praise from what I can tell. I've not been there though.

Tags
call, caribbean, cruise, curise, fallmouth, falmouth, forum, freedom, good, jamaica, open, port, review, reviews, royal