Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean 07/17/2011 (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/36610-carnival-conquest-western-caribbean-07-17-2011-a.html)

cruisette 02-25-2011 07:59 AM

Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean 07/17/2011

We will be cruising to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Does anyone had even information on independent tours in Jamaica that go to Anne Hall Great House and Dunns Falls. Also has anyone gone deep sea fishing on an independent tour in Cozumel and what did it cost.. There will be four people going.

penny3333 02-25-2011 11:11 AM

You might try shoretrips in Jamaica. Sorry, have not done deep sea fishing. We usually snorkel. Just remember, when booking an independent tour, give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship. They will not wait.

MCPayne 02-26-2011 03:56 PM

Cruisette

Not to scare you, but in Jamaica, I would highly recommend a ship's excursion, or as Penny suggested, try shoretrips.com. The reason being is that Jamaica isn't the country you want to be roaming around in by yourself, which is why I recommend a ship's excursion, or an organized group excursion, such as shoretrips.

Be forewarned, in Jamaica, at Dunn's River if you go, merchants may hound you to buy. Part of the reason, I learned from my last cruise by our port and shopping guide, Ocho Rios only gets visited by 2 cruise ships per week.

MCPayne 02-26-2011 03:58 PM

Cruisette

Sorry to repost, but I just reread your post, and saw that you're docking in Montego Bay. That being said, I'm not sure if there are any tours that go to Dunns River Falls from there. When I was in Jamaica we docked in Ocho Rios.

Jim C. 02-27-2011 06:02 PM

Cruisette.. just saw this after replying in the Carnival Cruise lines section....

I would not recommend trying to do anything in Jamaica with a private tour. I would stick to the ship sponsored tours. Dunns river is a tour you can get from Montego Bay. Its much more expensive than if you sail into Ocho Rios because its is right there for Ocho Rios where it is a very long (almost 2 hours) bus ride from MB... It is impressive. I have never been to Anne Hall House.. I have heard good things about it though.

Deep sea fishing can cost $400 a person. You can probably book a private tour to take you for less than that but I can not recommend any particular tour. You can also do this in Grand Cayman, but I would do Stingray City in GC. Its a must see. Captain Marvins does a great job, I would recommend them if you don't want to book through the ship.

There is so much to do in Cozumel its hard to give you the "one thing". We have been there 5 times and have not repeated yet...