Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/)
-   -   Cozumel Advice (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/caribbean-port-chat/36699-cozumel-advice.html)

MAP 03-11-2011 04:34 AM

Cozumel Advice

Thinking of taking a break from shore excursions in Cozumel on an up-coming cruise (Liberty of the Seas). Any recommendations for a fun lunch or a good beach to hang out (with my wife and 14 year old boy/girl twins)?

Rodney 03-11-2011 07:26 AM

There are lots of beaches to choose from. You can do a search comparison. Personally, wife and I have gone to Paradise Beach several times and we are going again this May. Such a clean place! The food and drinks are great and the waiters will serve you right on the beach - how great is that! And, for a small fee, you can use all the "beach toys". Have a great time in Cozumel!

Dwayne 03-11-2011 07:33 AM

I can second Paradise Beach as a great place to go. A very clean beach and facilities and they have awesome food.

PA Steve Rocky Mount 03-11-2011 10:44 AM

Lunch in Cozumel

Have a great time in Cozumel. Depends what you want in a fun lunch. If you want great food and a nice atmosphere, you cannot beat Pancho's Back Yard. Their gazpacho is amazing. If you want good food, loud music, and lots of fun, Carlos and Charlies or Senior Frog's is the place to try.

Personally, Pancho's wins hands down.

Nadine 03-11-2011 11:31 AM

We love Pancho's Backyard. Excellent food and atmosphere.

Nadine

Jabee 03-15-2011 09:24 PM

I will add a vote for Panchos...

my wife says the Fish Tacos are the best she has ever eaten. It is really a nice place.

I love Nachi Cocom for a beach day, which is all inclusive, but for a teen, I probably go to Paradise Beach also.

I want to try Mr. Sanchos on my next trip. They just added a second pool and also have a lot of things for families and kids. They also have an all-inclusive rate (about $50 per person) All you can eat, a special reserved beach with chairs and umbrella, ocean kyaks, and of course all you can drink. I plan to go on my next trip to Cozumel, hopefully this fall.

penny3333 03-16-2011 01:47 PM

Hi MAP, my favorite is Chankanaab Park because there's good snorkeling there. The last time we were there, we rented a scooter and hit every beach we could find. We had a ball, even though it rained on us. We went all the way down and half way around before the rain hit. I have to say, Nachi Cocom is probably the prettiest place we stopped. They gave us a dirty look because we had not booked a reservation, however, they did let us stay for a while until the rain stopped.

Jabee 03-16-2011 05:44 PM

link to

Panchos Back Yard Menu..
getting hungry just looking at it..

Here is Panchos Backyard Menu...getting me hungry

Luncheon Menu

MAP 03-17-2011 07:09 AM

Going the extra yard

Jabee. Thank you for posting the menu. I am sold, I have to go now. Thanks again.

Cortney 03-19-2011 01:16 PM

I definitely recommend paying the fee to hang out at Nachi Cocom Beach Club all day! They had excellent food and drinks and the beach was gorgeous and secluded. There was a pool, too.