Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Default Southern Caribbean Excursions
My wife and I are going to the southern caribbean this April. Our ports of call are St. Croix, St Maarten, St John Antigua, St Lucia and Barbados. The only one of these places we have been to is St Maarten. Any suggestions for excursions. We are water people. Any help appreciated. Ricky B
Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 AM

The only place I probably wouldn't book a snorkeling trip would be Antigua. I say that because the one we booked was full of jelly fish, you really couldn't enjoy snorkeling. However, doing a beach break is great there. We went outside the terminal and struck a deal with one of the bus drivers. $25/pp, he took us over to the harbour and to a beach that had a nice bar/restaurant, beautiful beach, and then back to the ship. There are 365 beaches on Antigua and they're all beautiful. The other islands, I'd do snorkel excursions. The last time we went to St. Maarten, we did the TikiHut. The operators are great! The snorkeling was good for St. Maarten. We always did Tiami catamarans in Barbados, the last time we went to Folkstone Underwater Park, but it would have been much less expensive to have done an excursion. St. Lucia, the Petons or Pigeon Island. St. Croix, any snorkeling excursion will be great. Hope this helps a little.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 AM

Thanks Penny. We have done the tiki hut snorkel in St Maarten and I agree, it is really good. Since I have not been to the other islands, I did not know what was good. You have given us some great ideas. Can't wait til April!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:12 AM

It won't be long now and you have a fantastic itinerary. It's been a long time since I've been to St. Croix, but looking at the web cam, it doesn't look much different. A friend of mine and his wife went down and spent a week there. They went diving every day. His videos were so beautiful. Y'all will see what St. Thomas used to look like. St. John isn't as bad as St. Thomas either, but St. Croix is still a Caribbean island. I know y'all will have a marvelous cruise!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 AM

Oh, I forgot, if you like hot and spicy, get some Bajan Pepper sauce while you're in Barbados. The regular is hot enough, I cannot imagine what the extra hot is like. It's so good, though, you become addicted even though you're mouth is on fire You can get it right at the terminal on the pier.

The reason I said an excursion is less expensive both there and St. Lucia is they charged me $85/US to go to both Folkstone and Pigeon Island (in the respective islands). They had an excursion for a pirate ship that went to Pigeon Island, they had 1 1/2 hours there, then sailed back to the port for $47/pp. It cost me $170 plus admission just to take a cab to Pigeon Island. Folkstone was just $170 round trip. The cab driver took us to a bar/restaurant near Folkstone and we snorkeled over there so we didn't have to pay the charge to get into the park.

Tags
april, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, excursions, good, ideas, lucia, ports, princess, reviews, royal, snorkeling, southern, st