Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 PM

Default West Bay beach and 7 mile beach???
How far is west bay beach from the cruise ship? Is it free to get in ??How is this beach?? Clean no sea weed ??

7 Mile beach Where is the beat place to go for this beach? How far is it ? Just the same questions? We are leaving on the 28 of this month and trying to plan what we are going to do. All help and idea are welcome. We are in our late 20 s looking for a fun time. Thanks
Old 07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Look here and select a beach. Then click on the view larger map link and you'll see the map and distance in google. The cruise ships anchor in the bay at Georgetown (on the left side of the town in the map, not in the big bay to the right of Georgetown.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:26 AM

Hi Dalton! Congratulations on your upcoming cruise! Wish I were going. Grand Cayman beaches are clean, white sand, and free (at least the ones I've been to). You can catch a cab (read mini-bus) at the dock (where the tenders drop you) and they'll take you to 7 mile. They run continuously during the day, so don't worry about not being able to get back. I think it was $6.50/pp. I usually walk a good ways up from where they drop you off, but the whole way there are plenty of bars/restaurants/hotels and places to rent chairs/umbrellas/sea toys. The island has grown since the first time I visited. There were only little shacks on the beach for frozen drinks and only a few hotels, not now. Still they have kept the beach, itself, clean. You won't be hassled by vendors as much, if at all, either. It's a great beach/shopping day. Just be sure to give yourself enough time to get back to the tender area, traffic can get thick depending on how many ships are in port. Bon Voyage

Oops, I forgot, Seven Mile is about 6 miles from the tender area.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:29 AM

Where at on 7 miles beach is the best?? Or is it all the same?? Dumb question I know just wanna make sure I got all my ducks in a row.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 AM

It's all pretty much the same, white sand beach, beautiful blue waters, great island drinks
Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 PM

Penny is right about seven mile beach...it is hard to go wrong! It is all so beautiful.

I would also recommend one of the Stingray tours if you can do it. The water on the way out is absolutely the clearest I have ever seen.

Have fun!

Brad

Tags
bay, beach, cruise, cruisers, mile, miles, part, port, public, ship, ships, tips, to, walk, west