Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 03:44 PM

Question Scuba Diving Excursions
We will be in Belize in January. We are coming on the Crown Princess. They do not offer a scuba diving excursion. Has anyone ever dove there? Which company is the best to go through?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Welcome to Cruise Reviews Forums.

I know a couple of people who booked with Belize Diving Services. Given your time in port I would not try to go for a tour longer than 4 to 6 hours max.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:09 AM

Dive, snorkel, just do something there. The snorkels we've been on there have been fabulous. The reef is second only to the Great Barrier Reef in size. The water is so clear, great sea life and beautiful coral/rock formations. I'm surprised Princess doesn't offer any diving tours, but the snorkeling tours are just as nice. I haven't used any idependent agencies in Belize and have always gone through the ships. I've been there with Princess, Carnival and NCL, and have never been disappointed with any of the snorkels/trips.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:35 AM

I agree with Penny, the diving there is excellent and many colorlful fish. We used the ship tour and dove (snorkeled) the sunken barge while there. One thing I do remember was the currents and how strong they were in that particular area that day. It was worth the price and 2nd only to our dive when we were in Hawaii with respect to the numbers and colors we experienced.

Enjoy !!

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
barrier, companies, cruise, cruisediving, dive, divers, diving, excursion, excursions, great, mybb, powered, reef, review, reviews, scuba, scubado, vbulletin