Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 12:35 PM

Default St Thomas/St John
I am traveling to St Thomas/St John in mid October via the Freedom of the Seas. I have been doing a lot of research but haven't quite figured out where to go on shore. Me and my daughter love to snorkel but we are going with my elderly mother who will need a beach with chair rentals. St John looks beautiful but the only beach I can find that appears to have chair rentals is Trunk Bay and it from reviews looks to be very very crowded. There are two on Saint Thomas I have been looking at but the water just doesn't look as clear to me. Has anyone every been to Secret Harbour or Sapphire beach? Which would be a good mix of snorkeling, beach chairs and food, and not so crowded you can't move? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:28 PM

Hello RN75, and welcome to Cruise Reviews! I've been to most beaches and found Coki Beach in St. Thomas to be the best. We took my daughters family there and everyone had a great time. TripAdvisor has some reviews if you're interested.
Coki Beach - East End - Reviews of Coki Beach - TripAdvisor

There are usually two or three ships in port so you're going to see a lot of people where ever you go.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Sapphire beach has some good snorkeling, but it is rocky getting into and out of the water. We were there a few years back and they didn't have much in the way of ammenities. They did have chair rentals, though. The beach itself is very clean. I did enjoy Coki beach, too, they do have more ammenities. The snorkeling there isn't as good as Sapphire, though. Trunk Bay is the ultimate for both, though, it is a beautiful beach and wonderful crystal clear water w/a snorkeling trail. However, if the wind is blowing too high, the water will be a little sandy.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 PM

I've tried snorkeling at Trunk Bay twice and the water was murky each time. Taking that with a grain of salt, Trunk Bay is one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. I just happen to be there when the water was a little too rough. Which ever beach you decide to visit I'm sure you're going to enjoy the day. Please let us know which one you choose.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Smile
Wow Sonny, I am so envy for all the cruises you have for this year !
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas

Tags
beach, beachst, bestwe, chair, close, coki, equipment, found, port, rent, rental, snorkel, st, thomas, treasure