Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Default Seven-Mile Beach, Georgetown, Grand Cayman
My husband and I are going on the Norwegian Jewel to the Caribbean in November 2013. I would like to find a beach where we can just sit back and enjoy swimming and relaxing for the time we are there. However, I've heard that the Seven-Mile beach really isn't the greatest place to swim. Does anyone have any suggestions about a good beach in George Town? Is the swimming really that bad?

Thanks,

Need some cruise help?
------------------------------
Royal Caribbean - April 2006
Carnival Pride - May - 2008
Upcoming Cruise: Carnival Sunshine - March 2014
Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Seven Mile is one of the top beaches in the Caribbean. Grand Cayman is a snorkeling and diving mecca. Go to Seven Mile. You'll like it. Plus there really isn't much else close to Georgetown.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 PM

Smile
Yes, Dave is so correct in his post and you can get there easily on your own by bus or cab. Just ask for what amenities you want when you get your transportation at the cruise terminal for your day on the beach. Enjoy !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-13-2012, 02:06 PM

people go to Grand Caymans for 7 mile beach if nothing else. dont believe everything you are told or read. enjoy it
Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 AM

I would be curious to know in what way seven mile beach was described as not the best place to swim. Perhaps they were referring to the size of the surf or something like that.

Anyway, I agree with the other posters...seven mile beach is awesome!

Brad

Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM

We were just in Georgetown on the Navigator of the Seas, and the Seven Mile Beach is still there and still wonderful in which to swim. Nice sand, warm waters. We took the town bus at a cost of $2.50 per person. Just exit the port area and walk north from the pier one block and you will see a bank - National or Nation Trust or something like that and the bus depot is right there. They use little vans and they will drop you at the entrance to the public beach - just a minute shy of Royal Palms - and there you are on the Seven Mile Beach - walk to your heart's content on the nice sand. You can go into the Royal Palms for a drink if you want, a bathroom break - whatever. As soon as you get off the tender at the pier you will be besieged by locals trying to hoard you onto their little vans at a cost of $6.00 bucks per person to get you to Royal Palms. As I said we did it on our own for $2.50. For you return, walk as far as you want and then cut through whichever property you want - whichever hotel or condo and catch the city bus back to the pier (really only one road hugs the water). I do not know where you heard that Seven Mile was no good, but you were steered wrong. When you get back to town, check out the shops on the main drag across from the pier. Cheers.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Administrator

If I recall correctly, all beaches on Grand Cayman are public and thus you have the right to access them from any hotel property, as pink845 said.

Tags
beach, cayman, close, cruise, dock, george, georgetown, grand, mile, port, reviews, ship, taxi, tenders, town