Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM

When in St. Thomas a few years ago, I made sure to get a larimar bracelet - the Virgin Islands are famous for that stone. (I found that out from this board!)

Anyway, now we're going to Roatan, Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman. Is there anything special that I should shop for? Anything these islands are famous for? I'm not planning to do tons of shopping, but wouldn't mind a nice keepsake or two.

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 4/2007
Carnival Conquest 2/2004

Old 05-19-2009, 05:44 AM

Grand Cayman had some beautiful sapphires and emeralds. Don't know if Roatan is famous for anything. I'd be careful buying jewelry in Ocho Rios of any kind, except the stuff they make out of shells and rocks. I didn't notice anything in the shopping area in Roatan for jewelry. I did get some t-shirts for a great price there.

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, buying, buys, cayman, caymen, grand, larimar, norwegian, ochos, port, rios, shop, special, st, stone, thomas, whefe