Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2015, 07:04 AM

Default Western vs. Southern family/toddler friendly
Hi everyone,

I did my best to find info through the searches, but I just want to hear your opinions regarding my options. I have two children who will be 1 and 3 at the time of our cruise. I am trying to decide between Western and Southern
Caribbean on Royal Caribbean. Excursions aren't deal breakers. We just want the kids to have a good time, not be bored, and of course, safe. Options would be nice and we'd be perfectly happy just playing in the water at some of the ports. Here are the ports. Thank you, your opinions are greatly appreciated.

West:
Falmouth
George Town, Grand Cayman
Puerto Costa Maya, MX
Roatan
Cozumel

South:
San Juan
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Fort de France, Martinique
Bridge Town, Barbados
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Both itineraries have plusses and minuses with some of the ports, but overall I'd do the western run if I had two toddlers with me. Cozumel (Chankanaab park) and Grand Cayman (for the turtle farm and water park). Costa Maya is a manufactured port (Carnival built it to have a new place to stop) but it's got some kid-friendly things. I'm not crazy about Roatan or Falmouth for little kids, but on Roatan you could go to one of the beach clubs.