Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 AM

Our family of 24 are going on a Western Caribbean cruise (Carnival Legend) in June and one of our ports is Isla Roatan. Has anyone been there and what would be some fun things to do. We have from 12 yrs old to 72.

Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 AM

I haven't been to this beach, some people on our cruise said it was nice.

Tabyana Beach Day

I've also heard some good comments about this excursion.

Dwayne
Old 03-30-2009, 10:28 AM

We were there a couple of years ago. We booked a fantastic snorkeling trip through the ship. The water was crystal clear, the catamaran was really nice and the crew on the catamaran was very competent. There are a bunch of shops and they will all try to get you into theirs, so you can just say no thank you and walk on. I have a couple of pictures posted, but they don't do the island justice. I'll look for some better ones.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:30 PM
We were there a few years ago and it was very undeveloped. We took a bus to Tabyana beach and have yet to experience better snorkeling right off of the beach in any other ports - to include many excursions we paid for. Perhaps there's more going on there now - lots of poverty - be careful.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
We took the Legend from New York to the Carib on an 8 day - one of our favorite ships to date. Have a great trip!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:08 PM

Hi
We were on Roatan in July /08 and on board the Legend and had a great time. We weren't going to do anything other than veg but ended up going to the wild life refudge. We actually got to see various birds-toucans to name one. The highlight for us anyways was visiting with the spider monkeys. They actually come down from the trees and sit on your shoulder,head.They love to be petted, though a word of caution - lol remove anything shiny, and put away cans of sunscreen or you will lose it to a monkey. I had a 10 month old monkey sit on my shoulder, and hold hands with me, there hands are just like ours,they have nails on top and are very soft. I lost a bottle of pop to one of them and literally watched him unscrew the top and share the pop.

The island is really beautiful and there are alot of beautiful vantage points to take pictures. The ship actually docks at a wharf so you can come and go as you wish.

Hope this helps you out. We booked our excursion through Carnival.

Closed Thread

Tags
calender, carnival, cruise, docks, excursions, fun, isla, july, legend, legends, port, reviews, roatan, ship, things