Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 06:28 PM

Hello to all:
I am so excited to be back on cruise-chat - which means I am once again planning a cruise I am planning a group cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in March, 2010, heading for the Eastern Caribbean. There were 45 of us the last time. This time my group looks to be about the same or a little bigger. On the last cruise, I booked an excursion for 39 of us through a web site where we climbed Dunn River Falls and did the river tubing all in one excursion and we had an absolute BALL! I would really like to do something fun with a big group like that again, but I'm not sure there is anything in St. Thomas that would compare and I have never been to St. Maarten to know what to do there. Any suggestions?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-15-2009, 06:28 PM

Hello to all:
I am so excited to be back on cruise-chat - which means I am once again planning a cruise I am planning a group cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in March, 2010, heading for the Eastern Caribbean. There were 45 of us the last time. This time my group looks to be about the same or a little bigger. On the last cruise, I booked an excursion for 39 of us through a web site where we climbed Dunn River Falls and did the river tubing all in one excursion and we had an absolute BALL! I would really like to do something fun with a big group like that again, but I'm not sure there is anything in St. Thomas that would compare and I have never been to St. Maarten to know what to do there. Any suggestions?

Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 AM

Welcome back Ohio Sports Mom !

You didn't say the mix of the group; children & adults?

We did a sailing ship called the Dubloon the last time we were in St. Thomas and had a ball. They take you to 2 different spots to snorkle or you can just enjoy the time while others are in the water. The crew was a hoot and there was plenty of breeze to fill the sails. We have done the snorkle excursion to St John's and it was worth the trip; many beautiful fish not to mention the great beach. St Marteen also has some great beaches and we have done an island tour (rented a car) and got to see both sides of the island.
We also enjoyed Dunns River Falls and have been there twice and also did a lazy river raft once. Enjoy

Peter1

Old 02-18-2009, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, Peter1. Our group consists of families (moms and dads around 40 with a bunch of teens). I've often wondered about doing a "boating" excursion since we are on a ship all week. I realize it would be a whole different scenario, but just didn't know if I could sell the idea of getting back on a boat after just getting off of one.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:50 AM

It's the best way to see some great snorkeling areas. However, with your own football leagues, you might want to just hop over to Trunk Bay.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 PM

Above is my recommendation on what to do while in St. Thomas. Yes, you need to get to Trunk Bay, St. John from St. Thomas on a boat or Ferry. I went on a boat (Leylon Sneed) as a part of my shore excursion.

Above is another option I reccomend doing while in St. Thomas. That is if you have enough time to go to both, or if you can't go to Trunk Bay.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, customer, excursions, lazy, planning, port, reviews, river, st, suggestion, suggestions, thomas, tubing