Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2004, 08:31 PM

We will be in St. Thomas from 7am until 5:30. I am in desperate need of "what to do and where to go". I am finding that St. John's is wonderful but I do want to experience snorkling on St. Thomas as well. Do we have time to do some of both on the two islands? Any advice and info would be greatly appreciated! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-22-2004, 08:31 PM

We will be in St. Thomas from 7am until 5:30. I am in desperate need of "what to do and where to go". I am finding that St. John's is wonderful but I do want to experience snorkling on St. Thomas as well. Do we have time to do some of both on the two islands? Any advice and info would be greatly appreciated! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-23-2004, 01:51 PM

HI THERE
i have been to St. Thomas three times...love it there...Coral World is terrific.. i would go there..
We took a tour to St. John for snorkling and got left there so had to pay extra to get back to main Island..... not much time for snorkling with the tours...
Old 11-23-2004, 01:53 PM

Due to the ferry schedule, amount of time it takes to get over to St. John and getting to the snorkeling spots - I don't think I would plan on trying to snorkel on both St. John and St. Thomas in that time block. You can snorkel on St. John and still have time to take in a little shopping in St. Thomas, however. You might want to check out the reviews of St Thomas and St. John at our sister site PortReviews.com
Here are the links:
http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/StThomas.htm

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/StJohn.htm

Have a great time no matter what you decide!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-24-2004, 10:43 AM

If this is your first visit to St. thomas, I think you take the time to explore this island and leave St. John for the next trip. There is much to do in St. Thomas. Coral World is pretty nice, as a previous poster mentioned and is also a great snorkeling spot. I also like Sapphire Beach (you can rent snorkel equipment there). This is a shopping mecca so you have to allow some time to check out the bargains. Traffic can get very congested near the port (depending on how many ships are in port) so you need to make sure to allow yourself a cushion of time to get back to the ship in time.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:01 PM

Personally, I would take a taxi to Magen's Bay and spend the day there on the beach. Beautiful!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:37 AM

Hi Shane,

indeed. But when there are many ships in port, it can become fairly croudy. If there are few ships, it's like heaven.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-30-2004, 07:04 AM

I've read that on some sites. The day we went was in 1996, and it must have been a less croudy day. Paradise!
Old 11-30-2004, 08:43 AM

I have a question about St. Thomas beaches...

I was reading some rave port reviews about Coki Beach on St. Thomas. How does Coki compare with Magen's Bay? We're traveling with 3 kids so we'll probably choose one or the other and stay for a couple of hours.

thanks,
pisces
Old 11-30-2004, 07:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the great info. So help me narrow things down. I love to snorkel...beautiful beaches. I could care less about shopping. I've checked into a boat rental and it's a little pricey but possibly worth the money. We could then hop around from spot to spot and possible get St. John in. Am I stretching my visit too thin? THANKS to ALL! Happy Holidays as well!

Closed Thread

Tags
7am, antigua, coral, cruise, port, review, saint, shopping, st, thomas, world