Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2004, 11:46 PM

My answer is no!

Even a official survey relealed that Nassau ranks very low in tourist satisfaction.Read my report:

Bahamas - country to avoid
Old 06-19-2004, 11:46 PM

My answer is no!

Even a official survey relealed that Nassau ranks very low in tourist satisfaction.Read my report:

Bahamas - country to avoid
Old 06-20-2004, 02:36 AM
been there on a cruise was not impressed if ever I go there again it will be to Atlantis and never leave the property
Old 06-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Banned

We are planning to go to "Blue Lagoon" while in Nassau. How will this excursion be for our family? After the excursion we were planning on getting right back on the ship.

Or should we never get off?
Old 06-21-2004, 02:44 AM
I would say if you were planning an excursion by all means go WE went to Rose Island for the entire day which is 20 minute away from the dock by boat, we went dirctly to our schedule excursion and then back to the ship when we returned, no stops for anything, on the way back I was stopped and searched, now I am a 58 year old white women with blond hair a little over weight with my daughter and my 2 grandchildren who by the way the 4 year old had a fever and ear infection so he was out of sorts and they detained me at the dock to go through our belongings, I am still at this day wondering why they picked me to search, I watched for quite a while and they did not stop anyone else. they are very pushy there I do agree to the posting and it is a dirty place when we were there I have no real desire to return and if ever do I would do a property and stay and never leave the property, Cruise there, Never again it did not impress me at all
Old 07-13-2004, 05:30 PM

Was just in Nassua last month on a Carnival Miracle Cruise. It looks beautiful as you come into port, however, I was NOT impressed at all once I got off the ship. Did a little shopping...the stores were tacky. Had planned to look at some of the historic sites but it was just too hot! I heard mixed reviews about Blue Lagoon..some loved it, some hated it. If I were to do it again, I would go to a beach.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:09 AM

Hi! I visited Nassau on a different cruise ship and I must say, I do agree with these guys. However, I feel I just didn't choose the right excursion. Unless your actually staying there DO NOT waste your time going to Atlantis. Yes, its very beautiful but you just don't see enough of it to waste money and time going. Go to Paradise Island. I've heard many wonderful things about that beach. Oh and I've you want great marguaritas, food and a lively experience visit Senor Frogs. That was the BEST time!!!

Closed Thread