Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 05:06 AM

You are right when it comes to certain activities; both land and water. I remember a Celebrity cruise a couple of years ago and we went on a snorkel excursion. It was some distance from where we boarded. From the time we boarded, I was watching the skies as they appeared very ominous and looked like we were going to get some bad weather. I had a conversation with one on the deck hands and he just didn't seem to care. Sure enough, we were just finishing up our dive and got hit with a very bad storm that caused severe waves with high winds and lightning to boot. It was quite scarry to say the least. Some of these smaller islands are looking at the $$ and wouldn't want to cancel and lose the income. I did report it when I got back to the ship...I'm sure that being a charter they would have doppler or whatever to warn them on possible bad weather, but maybe not.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-12-2009, 08:58 AM

I've cancelled a couple of snorkel trips for that very reason Peter. They're going to take you out no matter what, but lightning and salt water are friends. I don't want to get in the middle of their friendship, especially on a small boat.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:44 PM

What we all need to remember is that these are foreign countries, regulations, etc. do not apply. Some of the excursions are really dangerous...for one Dunns River Falls...the person ahead of me let go of my hand and down I went...feet first down the falls...believe me when I say you have no legal recourse.
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
accident, buy, castaway, cay, cruise, dfw, disneys, island, kind, parasail, parasailing, penny, people, private, sign, texas, waiver