Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 AM

Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I are booked for our first cruise ever!! so very excited! We are going to Ochos Rios Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I'm so overwhelmed looking at all the excursions, both private and Carnival offers. I'm thinking about booking thisfor Jamaica, we want to fo the falls and maybe the river rafting tour? And I'm up for other suggestions if someone knows a great excursion. Is all this gonna be too much for one day? that's really my first concern, since weve never done a cruise before how much is too much?

Then, for the Caymans, i wanted to do the stingray city, and maybe beach and the turtle farm? anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!!

Edited to remove direct link.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:34 PM

Hi tinkerbek, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! The falls are definitely a must, they're a ball. Depending on how long you're in port it should be doable to do both the falls and the rafting. In fact, I believe I saw a combination excursion offered on Carnival's website. Stingray City is a definite do for Grand Cayman, too. Since you have to tender there, I wouldn't try to cram too much into one day, but that's just my opinion. Just remember to leave yourself enough time to get back to the ship if you book an independent tour. They won't wait for you. Be warned, too, that cruising is addictive!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:46 PM

Hi, Stingray City is great. We had a great time. Holding and feeding the rays ranks way up there on the memory scale
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas 2009
Carnival Freedom 2010
Old 03-16-2010, 06:41 PM

The falls were a lot of fun!!! A must do!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 AM

I agree with Penny. The Falls is tons of fun but very cold water. My husband and I went to the same places you are going when we went on our 1st cruise. The excursion we did were:

Grand Cayman - Swim with Stingrays and the Hell City tour.

Jamaica - The Falls and Ski Lift tour over the rainforest. There's a restaurant up the mountain for lunch which was great but coke refills weren't free.

Enjoy your trip Tinkerbek. You'll love cruising so much you'll want to go again (like us).
Old 03-17-2010, 09:31 AM

ok cool thanks ya'll! I know we will do the falls and maybe the rafting in Jamaica, and the sting ray city in the Caymans. That was good advice, Penny, about the tendering in Caymans, i forgot about that!

I'm thinking we'll book a private tour for Jamiaca and a carnival excursion for the Caymans... unless anyone thinks otherwise?!

I'm so excited it's rediculous! heh. we've had a lot of unfortunet things going on lately, a house fire at his family's house and loss of my grandmother, etc etc... so this cruise has been helping us get through everything, it's so nice to have it to dream about when i'm having a rough day! Oh and I totally plan on becoming addicted!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:50 PM

Tinkerbek sorry to hear of you losses in the family. A cruise is just the thing to mend the soul and help to clear the mind (even if for a short time)and you will be so refreshed after a couple of days. Enjoy !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-17-2010, 02:53 PM

Wow, tinkerbek, sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family. Sorry about the fire, too. Peterl is so right, cruising definitely helps restore the soul!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:03 AM

thank you all. Yea this cruise has already helped us so much, just giving me something else to think about, and we havent even gone on it yet! I cant wait to become addicted to them! lol. maybe I already am...
Old 03-21-2010, 11:59 PM

For ocho rios tours/excursions look at Phil Lafayette Tours online. We just got back from RCCL, and they did an excellent job with us. ANd they were soo affordable. $40 for the whole day including the Dunns River Falls, a local Jamaican restuarant, a grand tour in an AC mini tour bus. Tammy our tour guide (Phil's daughter) did our tour that particular day. We enjoyed her so much on our first cruise as college guys enjoying our spring break.. I will always recommend them!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cayman, caymans, cruise, excursion, excursions, freedom, grand, jamaica, ocho, ochos, reviews, rios, stop, tinkerbek