Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 11:26 AM

I read elsewhere of people booking a hotel room at the Atlantis resort in order to get use of the facilities instead of paying for the excursion from the cruise ship.

The lowest price room at the Atlantis Hotel site is $319 per night (Royal Towers) or $229 (Beach Tower).

The Comfort Suites (across the street) is $189 per night.

Both places claim the room rate includes full use of all their facilities, including swimming pools, private beach, magnificent waterscapes, Lazy River Ride, water slides, health spa, tennis, and Kids Camp.

The price for the excursion is $126 for adults and $100 for kids. For two adults and a child it is $352. If you can get a room for $189 AND have use of the water facilities, it seems to be the way to go.

Can anyone chime in on this? Have you done this book-a-room instead of the excursion? Pros or cons?

How do you get around the 3PM check-in time?

Thanks.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 AM

Either way, it does sound expensive. We have only done the tour and the aquarium through RCI by boat both ways and it was reasonable enough. Although, we did not want to spend the day there on the beach or using the water theme things. I am sure that someone out there has done something like this or checked it out. Either way, based on the day there, it may not be worth the cost.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-12-2009, 05:29 PM

If I wanted to know about the check-in time I'd call the hotel to inquire about it. You may want to consider wandering around the hotel and walking over to Cabbage Beach - that would cost you a dime. I would be interesting to know what option you choose.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise vacation.

Sonny
Old 08-15-2009, 12:13 PM

Considering Atlantis is advertising 4 days/3 nights "from" $299, it seems unreasonable to charge more for 1 night than 3.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zydecocruiser:
Considering Atlantis is advertising 4 days/3 nights "from" $299, it seems unreasonable to charge more for 1 night than 3.

The $299 is per person.

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantas, atlantis, booking, carnival, cruise, day, excursion, excursions, hotel, park, review, reviews, spend, water, waterpark