Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM

The Antigua "Canopy Tour" is an "eco-tour", which includes a drive through the rainforest. 9 zip lines, 2 suspension bridges and a vertical decent.

Has anyone tried this or know about it and can offer an opinion?

If you believe there are better options for exursions on Antigua, let me know.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:42 PM

Hi snilan, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We went by the canopy tour area, sorry, but I'm not about to leave solid ground to hang upside down on a wire. It was definitely out of the main town area. We just took a tour, we negotiated with a driver outside of the terminal and he took us for $25/pp. We went over to English Harbour, Nelson Dockyards, then he took us to a nice beach for a few hours. The zip line company was just starting out and our driver told us it was very popular.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM

Penny3333 - Thanks for your reply and comments. Much appreciated. Believe or not, my wife picked this one out. I felt it was a bit off the wall, whereas I am a bit more interested in a tour that would show me more of Antigua, especially when I've never been there before. Will explore the alternate options.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 AM

We just returned from Antigue. We didn't do the Canopy Tour. We did the eco-kayaking through carnival. It was great. You can also book directly at here
Folks were super friendly. The experience was educational and very enjoyable.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:07 PM

I should have added, that for the kayaking, they provided a chase boat to pick up anybody who felt they couldn't make it. It wasn't too demanding so my 15 year old daughter and I had not trouble. The true testiment to the eco-kayaking was that there was a family on the same excursion for the second year in a row.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:41 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat, Dan from Louisiana. Glad to hear you had a good experience kayaking. I edited your post to remove your direct link, since that violates the site's terms. Glad to hear you enjoyed Antigua, we've been there twice and had a great time each visit. Best wishes!

Closed Thread

Tags
antigua, antiqua, canopy, carinval, carnival, cruise, excursion, line, rainforest, review, reviews, tour, twice, zip, ziplining