Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 04:10 AM

Has anyone ever missed a departure time and had to secure transportation to the next port? I'm wondering how expensive it is to fly from one island to the next if this happens. We seldom take the ship excursions but that means if anything goes wrong we're left behind, and the insurance we buy doesn't cover this kind of thing.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:55 AM

we rarely do ship excursions either, but we always always give ourselves enough time to get back to the ship. as a matter of fact watching people run for the ship is almost an exibition in its self.
but we have seen people that missed the boat being brought out by a pilot boat.
I hope I never miss the ship. I might have to take up residency in the port country.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Administrator

The ship's daily paper or port info sheet will have the contact information for the Port Agent. Tear that off and take it with you. It won't guarantee that you won't miss the ship, of course, yet it will be invaluable in helping to secure transportation if you do. (You'd still have to pay the costs, yet you won't be on your own making the arrangements.)
Old 08-24-2010, 05:38 AM

It would depend on from which island to which island. A ticket from St Thomas to St Maarten is $158. Last flight of the day is 7:45PM. If you missed that then you would have hotel cost also.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
It would depend on from which island to which island. A ticket from St Thomas to St Maarten is $158. Last flight of the day is 7:45PM. If you missed that then you would have hotel cost also.
I'm thinking St. Kitts to Dominica. We're pretty much determined to go to Nevis and the Ferry is due back at St. Kitts at 4:45 for a 6:00 departure. Seems like enough time but if for some reason the ferry gets delayed we're going to be in trouble.

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, cruises, departure, emergency, inter, interisksnd, island, line, lines, missed, reviews, transport, transportation