Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 05:19 PM

I'm trying to decide if I want to do this cruise out of New Orleans......to Belize City (which i hear is yucky), Cozumel, Guatamala, and Maya something or other which I hear is also nothing to see.......and it's TG week so I't a little pricey..... any comments? thanks
Old 08-03-2009, 05:34 PM

I would think it would be a very nice itinerary. Guatamala would be very unique as most don't stop there. Search our site, many enjoy Belize, particularly the tubing adventure.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:56 PM

Thank you for your answer.......i'm so on the fence! I read about the tubing thing and it sounds fun, but I think it said it was a 25 minute walk to get there? I always hear about Belize as being the beautiful oceans and THE vacation spot, but I guess Belize City is very different. I hope I get a few more answers!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:29 AM

Sounds like a great itinerary to me. My dentist makes a trip to Belize City every year. They tell me the people are great. The city is not beautiful, but to me it would be very interesting. Guatamala would be high on my list too. If it's Costa Maya, it's a good beach day. Plenty of things to do in Cozumel. Guess it all depends on your adventure level. I like to see islands and cities that are not tourist traps, the real Caribbean is more fun to me than built up for the tourist. St. Vincent, St. Croix, La Romana, and Devil's Island have been some of my favorites. It just depends on what you enjoy. Also, you could just stay on the ship if you desired. It boils down to what you want/like.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 PM

You'll find something great to do on at least 1/2 of your islands and just remember, the ship is the best part of the trip...You can search under the port section for info on the islands with input on excursions as well...

Enjoy !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM

thanks Peter.....but why just 1/2 of them? I have cruised enuf to know that the ship stuff is ok (i like the shows) but it's the ports, the ziplining, the snorkeling, etc that I like. I want to see as much of diff. parts of the world as I can even if it is a day at a time. I actually preferred spending a whole week in Costa Rica to having a day here or there, but...my husband wants to not have to think, just everything to be in one place. This will be my last cruise for awhile tho.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:13 PM

Read your own mind, stay home. Why not chose a cruise you may be able to enjoy having no preconceived ideas of the outcome.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, RoseannaBeech. Yes... the vacation compromise between spouses. Been there.

As Peter mentioned, check out our port section... if you don't see what you're looking for, you can post port-specific questions there and our Members will do our best to help.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Take the Old Belize River and Altun Ha Mayan ruins trip...it's a great way to spend the day...Cave tubing is good too....Just go and have a smashing good time...

Bob E
Old 08-22-2009, 11:57 AM

I'm not sure where you've been hearing some of that, but I love all of the ports - especially New Orleans!

Here are my pictures from the NCL Spirit from Christmas, 2008:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/NCLSprit08/index.htm

A lot of people like the cave tubing, but I didn't care for it that much. I much prefer snorkeling and should have done that again in Belize. Belize, and many other countries, are very poor, but other than that, are ok. I find the people friendly pretty much everywhere.

I didn't do much in Guatemala on that cruise, so here are pictures from another cruise - NCL Sun when based in New Orleans:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/n...ruise%20Contents.htm

Closed Thread

Tags
altun, cruise, cruisetrip, ha, images, norweigan, november, review, reviews