Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2004, 05:04 AM

Hello!
We are going to sail the western caribbean in october on the Navigator otS.

Can anyone tell us something about going to the Dunn River Falls by themselfs? What prices do we have to pay for a taxi to the Falls?

Thanks a lot for your help
Best wishes
Rene
Old 09-03-2004, 05:04 AM

Hello!
We are going to sail the western caribbean in october on the Navigator otS.

Can anyone tell us something about going to the Dunn River Falls by themselfs? What prices do we have to pay for a taxi to the Falls?

Thanks a lot for your help
Best wishes
Rene
Old 09-09-2004, 07:11 PM

This is only my personal opinion, but I would not go anywhere by myself in Jamaica. We took a tour to the Dunn's Falls and just driving there was an experience. They told us before we got off the ship not to take anything offered to us and not to drink anything that wasn't sealed and we opened ourselves. The stop before Jamaica was Grand Cayman and they picked up a security person with two drug sniffing dogs and they were at the end of the gangway the whole time we were stopped at the Jamaican port. The Dunns Falls River walk was good, bring water shoes unless you want to rent and wear the shoes they provide which leave a lot to be desired.

Jamaica is a very poor country, roads are bad and people were very pushy trying to sell you things. Good Luck.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:37 PM

i just returned from western carribean cruise during hurricane francis, dunns river is really pretty, however a couple of people with our group got hurt, one woman was shoved by the tour guide and her ankle got stuck in the rocks dislocated her thumb and received 6 stitches. I dont recommend going without water shoes as it is very very slippery (challengin though)after being in the water at the beach in the bottom of the falls, we discovered there are outlet pipes going into the ocean water and them pipes come out of the restrooms, and lastly do not (i repeat do not) go to the little shops they have on the outside, they grab you and get really mad if you walk by them without buying things. If you do go there go with the tour - we did the excursion with dolphin cove - which is really neat. Personally I would never go back to Ochos Rios>
On a good note Grand Cayman and Cozumel were excellent - Enjoy your cruise!!!
donna

Closed Thread