Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 AM

My family are disappointed, but I feel there may still be hope. When we decided on the cruise we booked, we looked long and hard at the shore excursions as well as the ship. One of the excursions that really peaked everyone's interest is now no longer shown on the Carnival website. I can't remember if it was in St. Maarten or St. Thomas, but it was a Pirate's Shopping Tour. It was basically a water taxi to take you to several shopping locales, complete with a pirate experience while in the water. I am guessing that it may still be offered in port, maybe even on the ship, just no longer listed on the website. Can anyone help me out here? What are the odds that we will still be able to do this excursion?

Thanks!!
Kevin

Carnival Dream April 2010
Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 AM

Normally, when they disappear it is because the vendor either went out of business or there were too many negative comments about the excursion or there was not enough interest. I'd be willing to bet, if the vendor has not gone out of business, the excursion will be available in port.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 PM
STE3 - Pirates! Harbour Tour & Shopping
PRICE: ADULT: 12.00 / CHILD: 12.00 USD
DURATION: At Your Leisure
PIRATES! Hop on/Hop Off Shopping Made Easy. St. Thomas is one of the best islands in the Caribbean to shop and
"PIRATES! Hop on/Hop Off Shopping Made Easy" is the best way to shop on St. Thomas. Look for PIRATES! Harbour Tour
signs when you disembark.Hear the stories of infamous pirates as you sail between three shopping areas with an all day pass. St. Thomas was home to
some of the most ruthless and infamous swashbucklers to ever sail the seas - Blackbeard, Calico Jack, Anne Bonnie, Henry
Morgan and others frequently traded their captured treasures on the shores of St. Thomas. Now you can hear the history of
these real life pirates as told by their distant relatives - sons and daughters, twelve and thirteen generations removed, who
have returned to these same waters to entertain you. You will board a power catamaran at the pier and sail between three
shopping areas - Havensight, Charlotte Amalie and Crown Bay. Hop off, shop at your leisure, and hop back on a different boat
to hear the history of another pirate; your ticket is an all day pass! Be prepared to be sworn in as a pirate when you board and
follow your Captain's orders to avoid walking the plank!
Note: Your ticket entitles you to ride all day. Each leg of your journey is approximately 15 minutes.

Was this the tour you meant? I had downloaded a Royal brochure in January.

In any event, it was in St. Thomas!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Closed Thread

Tags
catamarans, easy, excursion, hop, pirates, st, thomas