Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2005, 08:03 PM

Need some advice on which beach is best. Looking for something nice, not too many people and not too many bugs (sand fleas). Will be there in Roatan on NCL Dream - March 30th - any advice is welcomed. Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 08:03 PM

Need some advice on which beach is best. Looking for something nice, not too many people and not too many bugs (sand fleas). Will be there in Roatan on NCL Dream - March 30th - any advice is welcomed. Thanks
Old 02-19-2005, 06:09 PM

Sand fleas are everywhere on Roatan (take Cutters and you will not have a problem) I would opt for the Half Moon Bay Inn on the West side. You can walk into town for restaurants and shopping (Tabyana is right there as well) and you can enjoy excellent snorkeling with few tourists.

Have a great visit to Roatan.

Tom
Old 02-21-2005, 07:46 AM

Tom,

Thanks for the advice. I have read alot on the problem of the sand fleas. Doesen't sound too much fun when you want to enjoy the beach. But we do want to get off the ship and experience "Roatan". I will most certainly get some bug spray and pour it on. Is the water there as nice as it looks online? Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:45 PM

I thought it was quite nice. Though not a swimmer, I waded in. Liked Tabyana beach too - lots of shade as well as sunny spots. (Sign of the times: the shady areas were crowded, while the sunny areas had lots of room for more lounge chairs! )
Old 02-21-2005, 03:37 PM

The water is absolutely wonderful. It is clear and beautiful. When we go to the Half Moon Bay Inn they have a little paddle boat for rent for about $5 that you can take out to the reef at the entrance to the bay. Tie it up to one of the bouys and then snorkel the outside of the reef. Lots of fish, coral, sea fans and things to see.

Tom
Old 02-22-2005, 02:00 PM

Thanks guys for the great info - I can hardly wait, I feel like I am there already. I do want to do some snorkeling and definetely lay in the sun. I went ahead and booked the Fantasy Island beach excursion - toss of the coin, they both sounded great! Thanks again - any other advice you have on cruising in general or NCL, let me know as this is my first cruise. Thanks again....

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, boat, entrance, excursion, fantasy, island, map, paddle, reviews, roatan, snorkel, snorkling, tabiana, tabyana, verses