Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2004, 03:36 AM

Actually, there are only 4 frail seniors (my parents and in-laws) but my wife and I will be with them, thus there will be 6 of us. Please let me know if there are recommended excursions or recommended things to do for more frail elderly, who may not wish to swim and who are incapable of walking long distances.
I am fine with us doing some site-seeing, etc., but I really loathe being "attacked" by aggressive merchants. Thank you so much for any help you might offer.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:36 AM

Actually, there are only 4 frail seniors (my parents and in-laws) but my wife and I will be with them, thus there will be 6 of us. Please let me know if there are recommended excursions or recommended things to do for more frail elderly, who may not wish to swim and who are incapable of walking long distances.
I am fine with us doing some site-seeing, etc., but I really loathe being "attacked" by aggressive merchants. Thank you so much for any help you might offer.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:25 PM

In Key West I would definitely do the Conch Train Tour or Trolley Tour. Great overview of the town and would require minimal walking. (Can easily be done on your own) Depending on when you will be in port, the Mallory Park Sunset Celebration is always fun.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-12-2004, 07:19 AM

I agree with Nancy regarding Key West. Depending on where you dock in Cozumel, shopping can be a fun experience with lunch at Pancho's Backyard. Belize is going to be a bit more challenging, however. There is some shopping in the cruise terminal, but I guarantee that you will not like Belize City given your dislike for being approached to buy stuff.

I think I would recommend staying on the ship in Belize. The tender ride is long, the weather hot and once yuou get into the port, it doesn't seem to offer much for folks unless they want to go to the beach, cave tubing, fishing or otherwise participate in some activity.

Have a great cruise.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
advisable, cozumel, cruise, elderly, frail, things