Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 04:31 AM

HI,
I am trying to avoid ship excursions at every port on my February cruise. Are there any nice beaches within walking distance to the St Lucia, Antigua & Grenada ports with beach chairs to rent & beach bars? Or if I hire a private taxi are taxis always available for when I want to get back to the ship? Snorkeling is nice but not a high priority since we will be doing the Trunk Bay snorkel in St Thomas. Thanks.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 10-28-2010, 09:14 AM

There are two ports in St. Lucia and neither one are close enough to walk to a beach from. You would be better to take a ship's excursion there. They charged us $85/each way to take us to Pigeon Island, which was very nice, but the ship's excursion was $49/pp. Antigua has 365 beaches. Walk through the exit and find a cab driver, they are usually very willing to negotiate and take you to a nice area. Grenada, you can take the water taxi over to Grand Anse beach and shopping area. Grand Anse is a beautiful beach, you should enjoy it. There is also a great snorkel there, but you'd have to get a boat, it's in Flamingo Bay.

Tags
antigua, beach, beaches, close, cruise, cruises, distance, gernada, grenada, lucia, port, review, reviews, ship, st, walking