Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 04:24 PM

My family (husband, myself, daughter (14) and son (9)) will arrive in Key West on March 8, 2005. Can anyone suggest an excursion? Or should we just stay on the boat (Rhapsody)?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:24 PM

My family (husband, myself, daughter (14) and son (9)) will arrive in Key West on March 8, 2005. Can anyone suggest an excursion? Or should we just stay on the boat (Rhapsody)?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:45 PM

Noooo...You don't want to stay on the ship...That's my Birthday...You must celebrate...lol. We went to Key west on the Fascination for my birthday last year. Had never been there so we just took the tram into the city and walked for miles. Great photo opportunities. Visited Hemmingway's house. Saw chickens running around and signs protecting them. A mosaic car. Mile marker 1. We really enjoyed just strolling through the streets and seeing the beautiful houses and the plants are amazing!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 05:58 PM

You and your family will have a great time just walking around, shopping, eating and generally enjoying Key West. We have a very thorough port review of Key West you might enjoy located at:

http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/KeyWest.htm

I hope that helps. Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 01-21-2005, 08:49 PM
When your in Key West, and if the ship does not leave before 7PM, make sure you go to the boardwalk and watch the Sunset. At that same time they will have circus-like street entertainment going on.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:45 AM

I don't think I would bother with a ship's excursion, but definitely get off the ship and explore. Perhaps the best way to do that would be to take the Trolley Tour from the center of town. It offers hop on and off privileges at each of its stops, Whenever you are at a stop that you and the kids find of interest, hop off. When you are done exploring on your own, just return to the trolley stop and hop back on the next trolley as it comes around.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-22-2005, 04:42 PM

In my humble opinion, A walk up and down Duval (sp) Street is about enough. But a burger and beer at Sloppy Joes and a piece of Key Lime pie make the walk well worth it
Old 01-22-2005, 07:12 PM

Askdad, I have to agree with you. The most fun in Key West is just watching the characters walking around (and in Sloppy Joes).

Tom
Old 01-23-2005, 01:47 PM

Tom:

Let's not forget the $12.50 "T" shirts that cost $24.95. But then that's true of just about all tourist areas
Old 02-11-2005, 05:30 PM

I've been to Key West many times when I had a friend living there. Definitely do the Duval Crawl - walk Duval Street (where all the shops are), definitely stop in at Sloppy Joe's, and most definitely do not miss sunset at Mallory Square if the ship is still in port (they also have crafts for sale by local artists). You can bargain with the store folks on Duval. You don't like a price? Walk out & they will come down on the price, if not, go to the next place & ask them to beat the previous price - they will do it! If time allows, also see Mile Marker 1. The Trolley ride is a nice (easy) way to see the town. There is alot more to Key West than just Duval Street! And don't leave without a slice of key lime pie!

Closed Thread

Tags
21st, birthday, boat, cruise, cruisers, family, key, keywest, port, ship, stay, tips, walk, west, whats