Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2004, 03:53 PM

My boyfriend, mother and stepfather and I are going on the Carnival Destiny to Southern Caribbean in January 2005. We are beginning to look for adventurous shore excursions and would like some suggestions for St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba.

We love water sports (except scuba) and active excursions.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:53 PM

My boyfriend, mother and stepfather and I are going on the Carnival Destiny to Southern Caribbean in January 2005. We are beginning to look for adventurous shore excursions and would like some suggestions for St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba.

We love water sports (except scuba) and active excursions.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:32 AM
Banned

Not that this is an adventure, but this is your best shopping island you will be on! Gold, diamonds, jewellry, liquor etc.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:07 PM

If you love water sports, I suggest you hop a ferry to St. John's and head out to Trunk Bay to explore the underwater snorkel trail. Great excursion and the island is full of absolutely pristine beaches to boot. If you time it well, you should still have plenty of time to shop.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Banned

Nancy

Have you had the chance to do the water trail? We did it last year. It is better than nothing but not the best snorkeling. I did not think it was worth the cost of the tour. I guess I was dissapointed because of all the hype about it my expectations were too high.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:42 PM

St. Thomas is THE place to shop.
A trip to Magens Bay is a must too.
St. John is a great day trip, and has excellent snorkling. Trunk Bay is lovely. But, it will take up most of your day.
ENJOY!!

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 09-14-2004, 07:32 PM

Some adventurous shore excursion ideas, which should be available on most of these islands, are bicycle tours, kayaking, horseback riding along the beach, and sometimes a combination of some of these things. Check with your TA or Carnival to see what's being offered. There are usually too many to choose from!
Old 09-15-2004, 06:55 AM

If snorkeling is your thing, check out the snorkeling guide for each island to see where to go.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/info/snorkeling.htm

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 09-21-2004, 02:04 PM

Aquafig, I strongly suggest for you to do some homework on you own. Go to a serch engine and type in something you want... like "secluded beaches/ Barbados" you will gain some valuable info. to compare w/ the excursions offered by the ship. My wife, son and I cruised the southern Caribbean in March on the Constellation and loved it. The info you already recieved from others is correct...ST Thomas is for shopping, Trunk Bay is over priced for what you get (poor Snorkling)and over crowded. Also, if you go on your own you will need to get a taxi to take you to you selection and pick you up. They always seemed to be very responsive to a nice tip.And were very helpful. Paul
Old 11-13-2004, 12:06 PM

Do a dolphin encounter - we did one in Bermuda that was okay, but my daughter and brother did one in Nassau that was FAR superior and there was a lot of interation with the dolphins.

These book fast so book well in advance if you'd like to try it.

Closed Thread