Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Lisa P will remember this. A few years ago a woman stopped at a highway service area to use the ladies room. An employee of the restaurant followed her into the bathroom. An on duty state police officer was standing right in the lobby. He followed her anyhow. Sadly the officer wasn't able to get to her in time.
I think of her ever time I travel anywhere alone. If I'm not able to carry, I try to keep pepper spray on my keychain, but be sure you know the laws so you don't wind up being prosecuted. Believe it or not, bug spray works very well as a defensive agent.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 01-05-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LHT28:
quote:
Originally posted by wooddon:
Now in the US they ask for photo ID whenever you make a VISA purchase, so we must alway have our passport on us.
Never been asked for photo I.D. to use our CC in the USA.
When did this start?

I haven't had this happen to me either, and I live in the United States. However, someone told me, instead of signing the back of your card, you should write "CHECK I.D." or "ASK FOR I.D." or something similar. This may help reduce identity theft. Then again, I do this, and not once has a cashier asked for an I.D. Then again, most places now have a card machine, so you don't actually hand the card to the cashier.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Also, did they ever find out who was doing this? I'm thinking about doing a Nassau / Freeport cruise in the fall, but with the recent crime in Nassau, I'm thinking about maybe going back to my original plan of the Western Caribbean.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Administrator

They caught one of them. He admitted possessing much of the stolen items and is due to be sentenced in March. Bail was revoked on a previous charge and he was sentenced to 6 months on whatever that charge was.

It seems crime is worse on Nassau than in Freeport. But then Freeport is what it is, which isn't much in my opinion.

Closed Thread

Tags
ashore, beach, bus, carnival, cruise, freeport, gunpoint, killed, myrtle, nassau, passengers, passport, puerto, robbed, sc, sensation, tourist, tourists, vallerta