Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Sailing to Aruba on the Jewel on 11/7 for the day, don't want to do any excursions. Want to go to Palm Beach and use a hotel facility (I will pay). Can't seem to get anywhere with the hotels. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 AM

There were 2 hotels where the driver dropped us off. One was the Rui and I cannot remember the other one, I think it was a Sheraton. However, you really didn't need to use the hotel facilities. There was a dock with a bar/restaurant, there were plenty of water toys available for rental, and the beach was beautiful. My hubby walked up to one of the beach bars at the hotel and got a drink there, then we walked out on the pier and had lunch. There wasn't much to see snorkeling, but I had a ball swimming. I think the cab driver charged us $20 or $25 to take us there. When we were ready to go back to the ship, we walked up to the hotel and got a cab. I didn't check with either hotel to see if they had day passes available. There were other hotels along the area, but we didn't walk over to them. Hope this helps a little.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:04 AM

We took a cab to Palm beach. Plenty of available chairs, umbrellas, etc. A bar on a pier their had restrooms. Lots of cabs for getting back. May kids wanted to jet ski and motorized watersports are available at kiosks. You will be taken by a transfer boat (no charge) down the shore to Eagle Beach (Palm is quiet, no motors). The kiosks for purchase of these activitie are on the beach every two hundred yards or so. Food was available at various hotels. We did not do a resort or all inclusive option, but I don't know what advantage we would have had doing that over what we did, other than paying only once instead of "as we went along".
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
aruba, beach, eagle, palm