Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 AM

Can someone give me some input on the best excursions for these 3 stops? I have an idea of what I would like to do at each port and I want to make sure I am making the right choices. I would like to see Atlantis in Nassau even though it is $150 pp for the water park & everything included. Is that a fair price? I would like to do the horseback ride and swim at Half Moon Cay. Has anyone here done that before? How was it? I want to snorkel at Grand Turk but Carnival has 3 or 4 different optrions and I am not sure which one to choose. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Here is the link for the Grand Turk Cruise Center, which can give you an overview of what all's available there http://www.grandturkcc.com/ We did a snorkel/stingray excursion which was great. Half Moon Cay is beautiful - I've not done either the snorkel or horse ride at Half Moon, but the beach is wonderful - it's a relaxing day. Enjoy your trip.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM

Hi Shannon Marie, welcome to Cruise-Chat! The Atlantis is a great place to spend the day in Nassau. We did not do the water park, but did walk around the hotel and aquarium. There is a free beach next to the hotel, Cabbage Beach, that is very nice. We negotiated with a tour driver and he got us into the aquarium. We paid him $25/pp and he also took us to the Queen's Staircase and the fort. If you have children, the $150 may well be worth it for them, but I think they'd probably have just as much fun on the beach.

Half-Moon Cay is absolutely beautiful. Powder white sand beach, beautiful water, decent snorkeling. We haven't done the horseback ride, but I have known people that have and have enjoyed it. I used to ride, but now prefer snorkeling, less sore muscles.

We did a snorkel excursion in Grand Turk through Costa. We stopped at 2 areas, 1 for coral, the other for fish. The water was crystal clear. I don't think you could go wrong with any snorkel excursion there.

Best wishes and have a marvelous cruise!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:54 PM

Thank you very much for the information!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Grand Turk: is only a mile wide by 6 miles long...we wanted to rent scooters/ended up with a golf cart. When you get off the ship walk outside of the gate(past the ship touristy area to the actual country) There should be people there renting scooters and golf carts...drive the island it's small...there is a lighthouse at the far end...that's about it! It was cool to see the animals (donkeys horses cows) roaming free!
Nassau I posted on that today under Other Ports.
Half Moon Cay...we did see people doing the horseback riding...they had fun! We went to pet the horses and walked the island and took pictures of the "sting rays" that was about it. If you have never parasailed that's fun/waverunners are fun as well. For excursions on Half Moon Cay book on the ship they seemed to fill up.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Now that I think about it. I think we went to Turks and Caicos that is probably different than Grand Turk??? Sorry

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carts, cay, cruise, golf, grand, half, inclusive, map, moon, nassau, review, trurks, turk, vacation