Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2002, 11:27 PM

Cruisin on the Explorer and going to Nassau for 5 hours...Never been there before. Can you suggest what beach would be best to go to? We have two kids aged 8 + 9. Any opinions on Blackbeards Cay and feeding the stingrays? Thank You

Kim
Old 07-25-2002, 11:27 PM

Cruisin on the Explorer and going to Nassau for 5 hours...Never been there before. Can you suggest what beach would be best to go to? We have two kids aged 8 + 9. Any opinions on Blackbeards Cay and feeding the stingrays? Thank You

Kim
Old 08-06-2002, 03:13 PM

Kim, take the water taxi from the foot of the pier to Paradise Island and then cross the island by following the path and it will lead you to a wonderful beach safe for you and your children. If it is your first visit, I would also suggest taking your kids to Atlantis and buying a day use pass. There is tons that will impress your kids like a rafting river (actually a swimming pool that meanders throughout the resort), acquariums all over the place and a reasonable beach among other things.

I think the adults get just as much of a kick from Atlantis as the kids do...it is great. Have a great cruise...but then how can you miss?

Tom

Tom
Old 08-06-2002, 04:19 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply! How much does the day pass cost...my kids are 8 + 9. Thanks again,

Kim
Old 08-06-2002, 07:22 PM

I am going from memory but I think it is in the $20 range (could be higher) but it is worth it especially if you only have a few hours in port. You can check out their web site at:

http://www.atlantis.com/

Tom
Old 08-07-2002, 06:53 AM

Having just returned from a stay at Atlantis, I wanted to clarify some details about a day pass to Atlantis. Atlantis has loosened their policy about allowing "non-guests" to use the property, but only to a certain extent. I believe the cost of a day pass was $25. This pass allows you use of the beach, lounge chairs, aquariums, etc. BUT it does not allow you access to the water slides, lazy river, or pools. In order to use those you must wear a wristband reserved for hotel guests (or guests staying at Comfort Suites). I don't know how closely they check at all times, but during our stay they were pretty vigilant, particularly for using water slides, and rafts.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-13-2004, 06:53 AM

We went to i think Cable beach ( crew member told us about it) I think it was a Radison hotel. Just walked around the back (Right on the beach) It was beautiful. Nice and clean, Not too crowded and free. We did go look around Atlantis, Also just walked right in there! Didnt pay and happy i didnt. We only stayed there for about 40 mins. Not at all impressed, But thats not our thing i guess. Had a great time at cable beach, calm clear water. No sales people to bother you either. Hope this helps. Steve

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantis, beach, cost, criuse, cruise, day, hotel, hours, kids, nassau, pass, passes, port, ship, visit